The LGBT Sandwich

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_manmormon
_Emeritus

The LGBT Sandwich

Post by _manmormon »

The LGBT Sandwich
I've always been a big fan of the BLT. There's nothing better than a nice ripe tomato, garden fresh lettuce, and crispy bacon. Naturally then, when I heard about the LGBT sandwich, presuming the G to stand for guacamole, I had to try one. I first went to McDonalds, where lovin' it is all that matters, they had no idea what I was talking about. I then went to Burger King where you can have it your way. They said not this time. I then went to Subway where you can pick and choose what you want. They told me, although they had never heard of it, they could make it.
I told them to make me one and I sat down a little puzzled at the bar.
Someone had left a newspaper on the table, so having nothing better to do, I began to flip through it. There was that acronym again, LGBT. I knew I had heard of it. I had to investigate further. Turns out its a political sandwich, and the ingredients arnt near as appealling as the sandwich I had in mind.
Seriously it is an odd combination isn't it.
Let me see if I get this right. We have to accept ypu Gays and Lesbians because you feel an impulse for something you want, no one should have to live alone, and your just perfect how you are.
For my Bi friends the arguement is different. Obviously living alone is not an issue as you are just fine as a heterosexual couple. You just need more sexually than straight people? Me too like Malcolm in MacBeth
“That has a name; but there’s no bottom, none,
In my voluptuousness. Your wives, your daughters,
Your matrons, and your maids could not fill up”

Excerpt From: Shakespeare, William. “Macbeth.” PlayShakespeare.com. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
We just don;t do it.
And the transgenders, well they're not about being alone or sex, and they are not perfect the way they are, they have got to change completely.
Seriously, can anyone make a good argument beyond self-indulgence for any of these behaviors?
The "sandwich" is based on opposition to the status quo. There is no lasting alliance.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/9_ON2.l
I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
GB
_annie
_Emeritus

Re: The LGBT Sandwich

Post by _annie »

Well, that was a waste of three minutes.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hi manmormon! :smile:

Welcome to the board!

Something tells me that you're going to really enjoy the MDB.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Ceeboo wrote:Hi manmormon! :smile:

Welcome to the board!

Something tells me that you're going to really enjoy the MDB.

Peace,
Ceeboo

lol
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

The Malcolm scene is frequently edited out of the performance of the Scottish play.

And with good reason . . .
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

troll
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

manmormon wrote:... We have to accept ypu Gays and Lesbians ...

Who's this 'We' you seem to be speaking for?

You certainly don't speak for me, and I doubt whether anybody elected you.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Chap wrote:
manmormon wrote:... We have to accept ypu Gays and Lesbians ...

Who's this 'We' you seem to be speaking for?

You certainly don't speak for me, and I doubt whether anybody elected you.

He's speaking for the voices in his head. :cool:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

The person who posted of the original post is an example of the only type of people who will be left in the pews in the Mormon chapels when everything shakes out.
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Equality wrote:The person who posted of the original post is an example of the only type of people who will be left in the pews in the Mormon chapels when everything shakes out.

Perhaps they will embrace the adjective of cult with pride by then?