Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Election Litigation Status

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:49 am
canpakes wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:36 am
Another tantrum.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... V9wzVz0_Z0
The link brings up an error listing.
Works for me. Your device is obviously inferior.

:lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Are we covering the impeachment trial? Does anyone care? I mean, beyond noting the spin and nonsense of it all? Speaking only for myself, I think I'm well over the spin having suffered the previous administration. Currently in recovery and lovin' it. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:12 am
Are we covering the impeachment trial? Does anyone care? I mean, beyond noting the spin and nonsense of it all? Speaking only for myself, I think I'm well over the spin having suffered the previous administration. Currently in recovery and lovin' it. ;)
My only real takeaway from this impeachment is how damned dumb Rand Paul is, and how damned dumb anyone who takes Rand Paul seriously is.

What an incredibly toxic piece of dog crap that guy is.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:12 am
My only real takeaway from this impeachment is how damned dumb Rand Paul is, and how damned dumb anyone who takes Rand Paul seriously is.

What an incredibly toxic piece of dog crap that guy is.
Rand Paul is a little dick.

I'm Jersey Girl and I approve this message.

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I recommend viewing the the Impeachment Managers' opening video Presentation, which shows a real-time juxtaposition of what Trump was saying and what was happening.

One thing to consider, when looking at the feeble defense for Trump. When it comes to civil and criminal trials, he will be unable to attract top tier defense attorneys.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

The Supreme Court quietly flushed two actions filed by the Kraken lawyers this morning, without comment. https://lawandcrime.com/supreme-court/s ... r-comment/ The Law and Crime blog continues to display solid reporting on election litigation.

The center of gravity of election litigation has shifted away from challenges to the presidential election results to suits against lawyers and media that pushed the false narrative that the election was stolen. Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani should be delighted to finally have a forum where they can display their overwhelming evidence of cheating.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

As it turns out, a democracy can function while sentencing a former President to jail.
CNN wrote:A French court on Monday sentenced former President Nicolas Sarkozy to three years in prison for corruption and influence peddling, but suspended two years of the sentence.

President from 2007 to 2012, he was found guilty of trying to illegally obtain information from a senior magistrate in 2014 about an ongoing investigation into his campaign finances.

The judge said Sarkozy did not need to serve time in jail. He could serve the sentence by wearing an electronic bracelet at home.

The 66-year-old is the first president to have been sentenced to jail in France's modern history.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:53 pm
As it turns out, a democracy can function while sentencing a former President to jail.
I could see the value of putting up the sign Palace of Alcatraz and telling Trump that he will be the new emperor at that location.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I didn't really know where to post this link. I think it belongs here.

New audio of Trump asking election investigator to overturn results
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4j25C96Pfo

Slava Ukraini!
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:46 pm
I didn't really know where to post this link. I think it belongs here.

New audio of Trump asking election investigator to overturn results
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4j25C96Pfo
Despite what Hannity, Franklin Graham and Ajax thought, Liz Cheney, the nine other GOP Congress members and all of the Democratic Congress members were right to have voted to Impeach Trump. Trump is clearly a crook.