When Locker Room Talk Leads to Violence

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_just me
_Emeritus

When Locker Room Talk Leads to Violence

Post by _just me »

I can't even with America right now.

http://www.startribune.com/officer-test ... 411680846/

A Burnsville police officer testified Tuesday that he exchanged racist texts with Allen “Lance” Scarsella, the man standing trial on felony assault and riot charges in the shooting of five Black Lives Matter protesters.

Bret Levin said he was friends with Scarsella since high school and the two stayed connected after Levin joined the Mankato Police Department.

In 2015, Levin said Scarsella frequently sent him “racially charged” text messages, and that the texts were “negative about black people.” When asked if he replied with similar texts, Levin replied, “Yes I have.”

“How we were talking was more along the lines of locker room talk,” he said.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: When Locker Room Talk Leads to Violence

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Well, you better start to even...

From Whitehouse.gov:

The dangerous anti-police atmosphere in America is wrong. The Trump Administration will end it.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Res Ipsa wrote:Well, you better start to even...

From Whitehouse.gov:

The dangerous anti-police atmosphere in America is wrong. The Trump Administration will end it.

I know! I know!

The new website is damned terrifying.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

I am a heterosexual member of the male gender. I have been in a number of all-male environments, including locker-rooms, and places where all-male drinking occurred on a regular basis. I have never, ever heard men of any age talking about women in the way Donald Trump is recorded on tape as having talked about them.

That does not mean that the conversation never included sexually oriented jokes. But a man who talked like Trump would have been mocked and despised as a fool. Indeed, it is not unlikely that reference would have been made to the size of his hands.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Res Ipsa wrote:Well, you better start to even...

From Whitehouse.gov:

It will be reversed by building a wall, mass deportations and citizen vigilantees. Any questions? :twisted:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:I am a heterosexual member of the male gender. I have been in a number of all-male environments, including locker-rooms, and places where all-male drinking occurred on a regular basis. I have never, ever heard men of any age talking about women in the way Donald Trump is recorded on tape as having talked about them.

That does not mean that the conversation never included sexually oriented jokes. But a man who talked like Trump would have been mocked and despised as a fool. Indeed, it is not unlikely that reference would have been made to the size of his hands.

your anecdote reminds of when Bill Clinton denied smoking marijuana - and someone quipped that they believed Bill because no one ever passes the joint to the jerk.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

I have never, ever heard men of any age talking about women in the way Donald Trump is recorded on tape as having talked about them.

But you probably know every one of this guys unedited rap songs by heart. If you don't, then you're a racist!

“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

I remember back to my BYU days. A couple wannabe chicks were singing this song by Ol Dirty Bastard and they knew every word by heart. I'm sure they're now among the delicate snowflakes that purportedly never heard the words used by President Trump.

Ohhh baby
I dedicate this to all the pretty girls
All the pretty girls
It's on
All the pretty girls, in the world
And the ugly girls too
Cause to me your pretty anyways baby

You give me your number, I call you up
You act like your pussy don't interrupt
I don't have no problem with you damned me
But I have a little problem wit you not damned me
Baby you know I'ma take care of you
Cause you say you got my baby, and I know it ain't true
Is it a good thing? No it's bad bitch
For good or worse, makes you switch
So I walk on over with my Cristal
Bitches, niggaz put away your pistols
Dirty wont be having it in this house
Cause bitch I'll cripple your style
Now that you heard my calm voice
You couldn't get another nigga, cootchie won't get moist
If you wanna look good and not be bummy,
Girl you better give me that money

Hey, dirty, baby I got your money
Don't you worry, I said hey.
Baby I got your money
Baby I got your money

Yo! So I glanced at the girls, girls glanced at me
I whispered in their ear, wanna be with me?
You wanna look pretty though, in my video
Ol' dirty on the hat and I let you all know
Just dance! If you caught up in the Holy Ghost trance
If you stop! I'ma put the killer ants in your pants
I'm the O-D-B as you can see
Every eye, don't you be watching me
I don't want no problems cause I put you down
In the ground where you can not be found
I'm just dirt dog trying to make sum bunny
So give me my streaks and give me my honey
Radio, yes all day, everyday
Recognize I'm a fool and ya luv me!
None of you better look at me funny
You know my name now give me my money!

Baby I got your money
Baby I got your money

Sing it, sing it girls!
Just shake it right now!
If dirty want his money
I think y'all should give him his money
That's how I like girl

Sexy, sexy, sexy!
Sexy, sexy, sexy!

Sexy, sexy, sexy!
Sexy, sexy, sexy!

Yo, yo!
Nigga playing in the club like this all night
Bitches put your ass out let me hold it tight
You looking at my wrist saying "its so nice"
The price bitch is diamonds shining disco light
You better help me solve this problem
Or I'ma get this money and rob them
Lucky dig when I won the lotto
Ran up on my car for carrying kilos
You can call me dirty, and then lift up your skirt
And you want some of this dirty, god made dirt and dirt bust yo ass
Stop annoying me, yeah! I play my music loud
It takes the bastard ol' dirty, to move the crowd
They say he had his dick in his mouth
Eddie Murphy told me that back in the house
But give me my money!

Baby I got your money
Baby I got

https://play.google.com/music/preview/T ... =kp-lyrics
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:I am a heterosexual member of the male gender. I have been in a number of all-male environments, including locker-rooms, and places where all-male drinking occurred on a regular basis. I have never, ever heard men of any age talking about women in the way Donald Trump is recorded on tape as having talked about them.

Well, I'm a Flaming Heterosexual and I can absolutely attest that men in football locker rooms, amongst themselves at bars, in the military, and every in between talk like Mr. Trump.

I don't know why so many men are trying to distance themselves from this because the idea that men aren't depraved idiots amongst each other or in the privacy of their own domain is nonsense. Monkey brain doesn't go away just because we have plumbing and the Internet.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Did anyone even read the actual OP? LOL