The First Plastic First Family

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

The First Plastic First Family

Post by _Kevin Graham »

We all know about Donald's fake hair, but holy crap, I had no idea really about what Melania looked like before all her surgery....

_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: The First Plastic First Family

Post by _Some Schmo »

Kevin Graham wrote:We all know about Donald's fake hair, but holy crap, I had no idea really about what Melania looked like before all her surgery....

Melania was prettier in the before picture.

I've rarely seen plastic surgery make an improvement.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I don't like the Melania "shaming". I can appreciate the hypocrisy of Republicans on this matter, but I don't blame Melania herself.

Liberals would do better to focus on people like William Pryor rather than Melania. The stakes are far too high.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Some Schmo wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:We all know about Donald's fake hair, but holy crap, I had no idea really about what Melania looked like before all her surgery....

Melania was prettier in the before picture.

I've rarely seen plastic surgery make an improvement.

I think Elizabeth Hurley is the only example I know of where it actually improved.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Maksutov wrote:I don't like the Melania "shaming". I can appreciate the hypocrisy of Republicans on this matter, but I don't blame Melania herself.

Liberals would do better to focus on people like William Pryor rather than Melania. The stakes are far too high.

Lest we forget.
SEE http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/west-vi ... heels.html
SEE http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... ow-disease
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

The CCC wrote:
Maksutov wrote:I don't like the Melania "shaming". I can appreciate the hypocrisy of Republicans on this matter, but I don't blame Melania herself.

Lest we forget.
SEE http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/11/west-vi ... heels.html
SEE http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world ... ow-disease

I haven't forgotten. Nor have I forgotten the birther crap. But did Melania have anything to do with those issues? No.

William Pryor and his ilk are the threat. Keep your eye on the ball.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Comparing Michelle to a Gorilla is hardly the same thing as criticizing Melania for her behavior and choices. Is this really difficult to understand?

Sure she is probably a nice lady, I don't really know. What I do know is that she is basically his trophy Stepford wife. She isn't particularly intelligent, she isn't well spoken, even worse she appears to be programmed. She repeats whatever he tells her to say. She makes excuses for him being a sexual predator, etc. She has been busted for saying verbatim the same exact things in all her interviews like a programmed robot.

In short, she is an embarrassment to women and poor example to our children.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

But did Melania have anything to do with those issues? No.

Melania perhaps more than anyone, helped normalize Trump's behavior. She doesn't get a pass for that, at least not from me.

Sexual assault? No, that's just "locker room talk." Trying to have sex with married women while married to me? Well, "I don't approve."

She strikes me as someone who has really no brain and will do and say whatever is necessary to protect her 24k gilded lifestyle.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

My daughter was lamenting going from Michelle Obama to Melania, and I said to her that I didn't think it was fair to castigate Melania for having married (been purchased) by Drumpf. Sure, she's no Michelle, but she's also no Drumpf.

I wouldn't shame her for having plastic surgery, but I will express my opinion on the results.
Last edited by Alf'Omega on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Kevin Graham wrote:Comparing Michelle to a Gorilla is hardly the same thing as criticizing Melania for her behavior and choices. Is this really difficult to understand?

Sure she is probably a nice lady, I don't really know. What I do know is that she is basically his trophy Stepford wife. She isn't particularly intelligent, she isn't well spoken, even worse she appears to be programmed. She repeats whatever he tells her to say. She makes excuses for him being a sexual predator, etc. She has been busted for saying verbatim the same exact things in all her interviews like a programmed robot.

In short, she is an embarrassment to women and poor example to our children.

Sanctimony much? You're being distracted by trivia. That's gossip column stuff, it never ends. It's like worrying about what Hollywood celebrities are doing. It's stupid whether it comes from left or right or wherever.

Show me in the Constitution where it describes the role of First Lady in your terms...or anyone else's.

Think about separation of church and state, executive orders, reversal of Roe v. Wade, criminalization of gay behavior, recriminalization of Marijuana, disruption to UN and NATO. Or think about Melania's boobs. It's all about priorities.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.