The future...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

The future...

Post by _subgenius »

..is female?
According to Hillary Clinton it is
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... le-w465381

How is a high profile statement, meant to incite an audience at a pro-woman event not utterly sexist?

Does the future not have enough capacity for both sexes?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: The future...

Post by _The CCC »

Subs:

Women tend to live longer than men. Also how you going to keep them barefoot, pregnant, and attached to the stove once they've seen the outside world?
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

The CCC wrote:Subs:

Women tend to live longer than men. Also how you going to keep them barefoot, pregnant, and attached to the stove once they've seen the outside world?

You old fool, who do you think does the gardening?

(And men live shorter lives by choice)
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Men that want to live longer.

I didn't know you were Jewish.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:..is female?
According to Hillary Clinton it is
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... le-w465381

How is a high profile statement, meant to incite an audience at a pro-woman event not utterly sexist?

Does the future not have enough capacity for both sexes?

Well, up to now the future - in terms of both political and social power, including within families, and certainly financially, has been hugely male. That's pretty damn' sexist, don't you think?

To have any chance of a fair deal, women are going to have to be as ruthless at demanding their share of power and wealth as men have so far been in seizing and holding so much of both for as long as people have lived in complex societies.

Personally, I'd prefer a society in which both genders had pretty well equal shares of power and wealth. But, if I had to chose between continued power for men and a switch of power to women, I'd go with the latter because:

(a) It seems only fair for them to have a turn after all these thousands of years.
(b) Going by the record, I don't think much of the way men, as men, tend to handle problems and conflicts on either a large or a small scale, and I'd like to see how people not riding on testosterone-trips might manage things. It can hardly be worse.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

The goal of The Future is Female is true gender equality just like the goal of Black Lives Matter is true racial equality.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

just me wrote:The goal of The Future is Female is true gender equality just like the goal of Black Lives Matter is true racial equality.

Subby knows that. He is just doing his usual troll.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

"Your coming bad years shall be this many once I seize the ruby slippers."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Trump likes the women who work for him "to dress like women," says a source who worked on Trump's campaign. "Even if you're in jeans, you need to look neat and orderly." We hear that women who worked in Trump's campaign field offices — folks who spend more time knocking on doors than attending glitzy events — felt pressure to wear dresses to impress Trump.
(https://www.axios.com/trump-101-the-pro ... 77441.html)

one of the answers on Twitter
Me & my son; he's dressed like a man & I am dressed like a woman. In case you couldn't tell. #DressLikeAWoman
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

just me wrote:The goal of The Future is Female is true gender equality just like the goal of Black Lives Matter is true racial equality.

What is "true equality" ? Sounds kinda like an abstract and subjective notion.
Nevertheless, I sometimes think people confuse "equal" with fair. For example, there are without doubt men that make an unfair wage for doing the same job as other men and even other women. There are, no doubt, that there are men who suffer as victims from unjust stereotypes...and so on.
"True" equality seems to harken some idea of an "absolute" condition which can not be attained in a subjective world.

So, that being said, Hillary was being sexist at a sexist event, correct?
(And dismiss how you would demonize the word "sexist" when u respond )