January no spend month! Who's with me?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: January no spend month! Who's with me?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I'm now almost a week in and obsessing over all the January sale ads because "Oh, it's only $10.00." and "My god! That's 70% off!!"

WILLPOWER AID: If you didn't need it before it went on sale, you don't need it after it goes on sale, either.

PRO TIP: Never pay full price for anything.

It's not a matter of what you need or don't need. You plot your course and wait for whatever it is to go on sale. Doesn't apply to emergency purchases of course.

If/when I ever pay full price for something (extremely rare) I feel like an angel lost their wings or something.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Jersey Girl wrote:Are you doing LLR or A&D leggings and tops? If so, have I got a tip for you. Amazon has the same quality tunic tops and leggings. If you want brand names, just let me know. The Amazon clothing is at least 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of LLR and A&D. Some steeper discounts are also to be had depending on color choice.
Here is what I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X ... UTF8&psc=1
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Oh great prices!!! :mrgreen:

If you are interested in LLR/A&D style tops, look for names such as Larace--there's another one I believe begins with an "L" but cannot recall. I took one of the Larace tops and a LLR top, put them side by side and had a female family member examine them and "Tell me what's different about these?" She said, "Nothing, they're exactly the same".

Wrong: One was over 20$ less!

Leggings Depot has patterned leggings that are completely comparable to LLR except the patterns are normal where LLR has patterns that may not be agreeable to a normal person. ;-)

Shamaim is a US company that sells tunic tops, etc. That's my favorite company on Amazon on account of the fit.

There are tons of others, but these I've ordered from and had great success. Also free returns and Prime free shipping. ;-)

I wear fleece lined leggings most days in winter. Mine are from Walmart and 12$ so in the ballpark of yours!

Great find! Thanks for sharing!!

Jersey "I love a good deal" Girl
;-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Holy cats, AC! If you switch between sizes, the smaller size has a lower price.

Superior!
:-)

(No, I didn't buy any. :lol: )
Chinese Proverb
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:Holy cats, AC! If you switch between sizes, the smaller size has a lower price.

Superior!
:-)

(No, I didn't buy any. :lol: )
Nope, can't switch sizes. LOL. Gone up to size 16 with recent health problems. Inactivity has its cost. Walked around the building and did five minutes on exercise bike today. I shop carefully and watch the reviews. I need to check my dehydrator and see how my apple slices are doing--if I am going to eat sweets, they have to have nutritional value. Dehydrator adds moisture to dry winter air.

I have a piece of material for making a long shirt, probably my next project because I need it. Right now finishing up a lap-robe for a neighbor going through chemo.
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

AC if you are of a mind to, check into my "The score so far" thread in Prison. It's about health and fitness if you're interested.
Chinese Proverb
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:AC if you are of a mind to, check into my "The score so far" thread in Prison. It's about health and fitness if you're interested.
Nope. Rather not. Never been athletic due to a health condition. I would rather compete against my own previous marks. Trying to be normal is what leads to problems.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Always Changing wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:AC if you are of a mind to, check into my "The score so far" thread in Prison. It's about health and fitness if you're interested.
Nope. Rather not. Never been athletic due to a health condition. I would rather compete against my own previous marks. Trying to be normal is what leads to problems.

I'm the least athletic person on this board! :lol: The thread isn't about competition, it's about support. If you change your mind feel free to join us!
Chinese Proverb
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:I'm the least athletic person on this board! :lol: The thread isn't about competition, it's about support. If you change your mind feel free to join us!
CP?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Always Changing wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I'm the least athletic person on this board! :lol: The thread isn't about competition, it's about support. If you change your mind feel free to join us!
CP?

It's okay. We also have food ideas going on there!
Chinese Proverb