Shithole Countries

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Shithole Countries

Post by _MeDotOrg »

According to the President, we have a need to reduce immigration from shithole countries.

Let us pause and consider, as we approach the completion of year one of TrumpWorld, how he has changed the landscape. Not only does he use the expression "shithole countries", but when asked to comment, the White House does not deny the statement, nor make any sort of apology. This is now to be considered the norm for a stable genius who knows all of the best words.

Word is that the White House Staff is not that upset, believing that that this 'tell it like it is' frankness will resonate with his base. Curiously, the story at the Fox website refuses to print the word, using S---hole alternative.

For me, there are no shithole countries. Just some people are shitholes.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Re: Shithole Countries

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

that cnn article wrote:-- and added that the US should get more people from countries like Norway.

norwegians would go to the prison, instead of united states...

Inmates on the prison island of Bastoey, south of Oslo, are free to walk around in a village-style setting, tending to farm animals. They ski, cook, play tennis, play cards. They have their own beach, and even run the ferry taking people to and from the island. And in the afternoon when most prison staff go home, only a handful of guards are left to watch the 115 prisoners.

"We have something we call the 'normality principle' in the Norwegian correctional service," says Tom Eberhardt, the prison governor.

"Daily prison life should not be any different than ordinary life, as far as this is possible."

see http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35813470 for more

A cell at Skien prison, where Anders Bering Breivik has been serving his sentence since 2013 (21 years, the max in norway...)
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: ____ Countries

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Choyo! :smile:

Choyo Chagas wrote:
Inmates on the prison island of Bastoey, south of Oslo, are free to walk around in a village-style setting, tending to farm animals. They ski, cook, play tennis, play cards. They have their own beach, and even run the ferry taking people to and from the island. And in the afternoon when most prison staff go home, only a handful of guards are left to watch the 115 prisoners.

"We have something we call the 'normality principle' in the Norwegian correctional service," says Tom Eberhardt, the prison governor.

"Daily prison life should not be any different than ordinary life, as far as this is possible."

see http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35813470 for more

A cell at Skien prison, where Anders Bering Breivik has been serving his sentence since 2013 (21 years, the max in norway...)

That's fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

MeDotOrg wrote:According to the President, we have a need to reduce immigration from shithole countries.

Let us pause and consider, as we approach the completion of year one of TrumpWorld, how he has changed the landscape. Not only does he use the expression "shithole countries", but when asked to comment, the White House does not deny the statement, nor make any sort of apology. This is now to be considered the norm for a stable genius who knows all of the best words.

Word is that the White House Staff is not that upset, believing that that this 'tell it like it is' frankness will resonate with his base. Curiously, the story at the Fox website refuses to print the word, using S---hole alternative.

For me, there are no shithole countries. Just some people are shitholes.

I'm from a shithole country (England). He's right, we're a bad lot. All that high quality tea and Royal Albert China should be banned. Not to mention Jack Russell Terriers, English Bulldogs and the worst, Golden Retrievers.

Scots are the biggest problem. Anyone with Scotch heritage should be deported or euthanized. I have an idea of where we could start.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Quasimodo wrote:I'm from a shithole country (England).

Congratulations

Quasimodo wrote:... and the worst, Golden Retrievers.

and labradors as well

he is now on the eternal hunting grounds, and is playing with cats

Quasimodo wrote:Scots are the biggest problem. Anyone with Scotch heritage should be deported or euthanized. I have an idea of where we could start.

some tips:

yes, hitler...
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

That's exactly what most Latin American countries are. If you haven't been there and smelled it in 100 degree heat, you can't really appreciate how appropriate this description is. I don't think this necessarily means people from these countries are immoral or even bad people. Even most Latinos described their country to me as "cagado."
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I can tell you that 100% Peru isn't a crap hole country. It's one of the most beautiful I've visited. Peru Lima South for the win.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GG ... 5WbTT8n2Gw

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Maxine Waters wrote:in 100 degree heat

100 degree is the steam point of water
in normal countries

fahrenheit?

By the end of the 20th century, Fahrenheit was used as the official temperature scale only in the United States (including its unincorporated territories), its freely associated states in the Western Pacific (Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands), the Bahamas, Belize, and the Cayman Islands. All other countries in the world now use the Celsius scale, defined since 1954 by absolute zero being −273.15 °C and the triple point of water being at 0.01 °C.

is billion 1,000,000,000?
where is the "bi" (=two) in nine zeroes?

last but not least... your president is --- who is he?
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Maxine Waters wrote:That's exactly what most Latin American countries are. If you haven't been there and smelled it in 100 degree heat, you can't really appreciate how appropriate this description is. I don't think this necessarily means people from these countries are immoral or even bad people. Even most Latinos described their country to me as "cagado."

The point of the statement was that people who come from those countries are less desireable immigrants because they bring with them backwards skills or beliefs that will harm our country. It's importing a taint. That, for example, Sub-Saharan African immigrants to the US are significantly more educated than native-born Americans didn't occur to Trump. It's a racist sentiment you express near constantly on this board. I don't see why you'd want to distance Trump from him saying something overtly other politicians usually have to dog whistle to you.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I wonder what the brain drain on those "crap hole countries" is doing to their current and future prospects vis a vis economic and social development.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.