Trump's Cognitive Test

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Trump's Cognitive Test

Post by _Kevin Graham »

This was it.

Sorry if I'm not impressed that a semi-functioning human being over the age of 12, let alone a 74 year old President of the United States, managed to score a 30.

_AZCaesar
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's Cognitive Test

Post by _AZCaesar »

You aren't meant to be impressed. It's not an IQ test. A normal, functioning person would be expected to do well on it, because they don't have a cognitive problem such as Alzheimer's or dementia. You know, the things that a COGNITIVE ASSESSMENT is actually testing for.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I believe that drawing the clock is a pretty standard screening test for Alzheimer’s.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

AZCaesar wrote:You aren't meant to be impressed. It's not an IQ test. A normal, functioning person would be expected to do well on it, because they don't have a cognitive problem such as Alzheimer's or dementia. You know, the things that a COGNITIVE ASSESSMENT is actually testing for.

I agree. It looks to be a good test that someone having cognitive problems may have trouble with. The many many problems with Trump don't appear to me to be related to cognitive decline.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Res Ipsa wrote:I believe that drawing the clock is a pretty standard screening test for Alzheimer’s.

I wonder if in the future it should be. I imagine some of the youth today might have trouble with it and just draw 11:10 :smile:
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

AZCaesar wrote:You aren't meant to be impressed. It's not an IQ test. A normal, functioning person would be expected to do well on it, because they don't have a cognitive problem such as Alzheimer's or dementia. You know, the things that a COGNITIVE ASSESSMENT is actually testing for.

1. You say this as if there is only one kind of cognitive assessment. An IQ test, for example, is also a cognitive test. Not all cognitive assessments are designed to snuff out dementia, such as the Montreal test.

"Cognitive tests are assessments of the cognitive capabilities of humans and other animals. Tests administered to humans include various forms of IQ tests; those administered to animals include the mirror test (a test of visual self-awareness) and the T maze test (which tests learning ability). Such study is important to research concerning the philosophy of mind and psychology, as well as determination of human and animal intelligence."

2. My comments were with tongue only half way in cheek, but mainly because of the way the Trump administration, along with the idiot Trumpers on Facebook, are bragging about him scoring "30 out of 30" as if this were some kind of impressive feat. It isn't. It is something by 13 and 11 year old kids just passed with flying colors.
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

That's a standard preliminary screen for Alzheimer's. The condition produces stereotypical abnormal answers.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I wish the test itself would be published. I'd love to see how our commander in chief draws a clock.

_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bach's attempt at drawing a clock:

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Well good job, assuming you posted this at 3:00 pm.