Good Bye Folks!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Good Bye Folks!

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

That does mean "Good Bye Folks!"

The best day to begin or end something is birthday. Today, for example.

I am no more interested in Mormonism, as neither my wife nor I have joined.

I did learn a lot about Mormonism - and about religion in general.

ps
If anybody have a word with me, my private email is: choyochagasoftormans@gmail.com. I hope writing this is address not a capital crime.

ps -2
Thank you for all birthday congratulations.

ps -3
May the guys with red and green member name could look for another whipping boy to fill the list of 'Outer Darkness' with!

ps -4
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqZ0Sdz_V40'
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Good Bye Folks!

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Take care Choyo.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Res Ipsa wrote:Take care Choyo.
Take care of what?

-
---
-----

'Evolution in real time': silent crickets still singing for a mate
Scientists are fascinated that Hawaiian crickets still perform their vigorous mating call, despite having evolved to lose their song to avoid a deadly new parasite

silent crickets (link) .
Male field crickets traditionally attract a mate by “singing” – creating a sound by rhythmically scraping their wings back and forth.

In Hawaii, however, their song attracts a less welcome female: parasitic flies, whose larvae devour and kill the crickets from the inside out.

To survive, some smart field crickets have rapidly evolved to remove the sound-producing structures on their wings, meaning their vigorous “song” no longer endangers them, as it is completely silent.

These mutations were first identified on the island of Kauai and by photographing and recording these insects under lab conditions, scientists have now discovered that the singing continues, even though it appears to be an intensive use of energy for no purpose.
Very creepy crawlies: 'proto-spiders' with long tails discovered in amber
Read more

Writing in the journal Biology Letters, researchers from the University of St Andrews and the University of Cambridge reveal how they photographed and recorded the crickets under laboratory conditions to document this silent song.

+
Kansas officials ban dog from running for governor ( http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kansas-officials-ban-dog-from-running-for-governor/article/2648945 )
"Basically, I was reading some stories about the young teenagers that were entering the governor's race and I thought, 'I wonder what it takes to be in the race,' and I thought, 'I wonder if my dog, Angus could run,'" Woolley told KWCH-TV.

Although there is no law barring canines from running for the position, the Kansas secretary of state's office says Angus is not capable of meeting the responsibilities necessary to serve as governor, according to the TV news station.

Angus, 3, is a wire-haired Vizsla, a hunting canine that originated in Hungary.

by the way
Angus isn't the first animal to run for office. A write-in candidate, Stubbs the cat, held the title of mayor in Talkeetna, Alaska, from 1997 until his death in 2017.
(same source...)
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Best wishes. You will be missed.

If you happen to run across him, say hello to Ludwigm for me.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

happy birthday.

You will be missed friend.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

We will miss you, friend. It has been a long trip. Glad you have resolved your concerns with an American anomaly that is so typically American.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Best wishes my friend.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Your contributions will be missed, mi amigo!

Happy Birthday belated - I hope you had a wonderful day!
Take care of yourself Choyo, and consider popping in from time to time.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Boldog születésnapot! ... but ...
hiányozni fogsz ... : (
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

We will miss you. Take care, my friend.
Scientists are fascinated that Hawaiian crickets still perform their vigorous mating call, despite having evolved to lose their song to avoid a deadly new parasite....

Fascinating, indeed.