Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Re: Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

Post by _Always Changing »

Maxine Waters wrote:I would say to arm police officers and put them in schools the same way we do for congress, the president, or a bank, but I know most liberals on this board believe police officers shouldn't be armed either.
Especially for large schools and those where the conflict rate is high, a highly trained police officer, preferably one with a background in education should be on-duty at all times.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I really get a kick out of the imagery and message being sent to our youth that we'd have armed guards patrolling their schools to keep them in line. Land of the Free, indeed.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:Compare to the "In 2015 there were over 300,000 abortions"...all of those were fatal.

Only an idiot would equate this:

(Oh sorry, that's a pig embryo)

I mean only an idiot would equate this:

With this:

subgenius wrote:and for what it is worth, your post's gun "stats" also include accidental shootings, suicides, AND AIR GUNS, etc

So in your corrupt moral worldview, lives have less meaning if they're lost because of accident or suicide. Got it.

subgenius wrote:.....not really an accurate or honest post to proclaim that as a "war against ourselves" (especially when one follows the reference provided at the link your post provided).

Says the guy who equates fertilized eggs with grown children.

subgenius wrote:But for what it is worth, the younger generation is way out of its depth (as usual)....and from what I can tell, most of these incidents are occurring among and because of the younger generation, so perhaps the village should step aside for a parent.

Absolutely. I mean these guys are really the result of the younger generation:

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Maxine Waters wrote:I would say to arm police officers and put them in schools the same way we do for congress, the president, or a bank, but I know most liberals on this board believe police officers shouldn't be armed either.

My children's schools have armed police officers. I'd rather leave the armed protection to the professionals. It's unfortunate that we live in such a world, but I will not pretend that we don't.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Dr. Shades wrote:Or it would provide teachers with a method to bring an end to the killing much faster.

Back in 2013 - a pretty good turn out:
Free CC course for Utah teachers

Another round of free classes

Right here in my small home town

I hope a lot of our local HS teachers are carrying!
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Who in their right mind would arm teachers? Lol. Half those people are ready to snap and you want them armed?

No thanks.

- Doc

Stupid statement Doc, security guard (could not make police force) and/or any other profession has more 'stable' individuals than teachers?

Teachers well may be more stable than most.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

RockSlider wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Who in their right mind would arm teachers? Lol. Half those people are ready to snap and you want them armed?

No thanks.

- Doc

Stupid statement Doc, security guard (could not make police force) and/or any other profession has more 'stable' individuals than teachers?

Teachers well may be more stable than most.

You're out of your mind if you think arming teachers is a good idea. I don't even know where to begin with the issues that would inevitably crop up with that one.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Kishkumen wrote:How many gun fights have you been in Shades?

1. You hear shooting down the hall.
2. you close and blockade the door.
3. everyone hides best they can
a. you hopelessly/helplessly wait to be shot.
b. you await, gun in hand, aimed at door.

I choose 4b
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You're out of your mind if you think arming teachers is a good idea. I don't even know where to begin with the issues that would inevitably crop up with that one.
- Doc

My guess is that every teacher in the first picture I posted from 2013 have carried in class since then. No mention/news of a bad fallout from however many Utah teachers carry daily has ever been reported.

that's what, 5 years of history/pattern?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You're out of your mind if you think arming teachers is a good idea. I don't even know where to begin with the issues that would inevitably crop up with that one.

- Doc

You can begin with the issue that EA raised in an earlier post when he talked about one of his teachers losing it in class. Teaching is a high stress job to start with. One wrong move on a day when a teacher's stress levels are high, and a teacher with access to a weapon is a recipe for disaster.

Remember "going postal"? Yeah, it's exactly that.

Not all teachers remove themselves from stressful situations and staffing almost always prevents a teacher from stepping out for a cool down period.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb