Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Massive School Walkout Across Florida and Elsewhere

Post by _Maksutov »

2nd Amendment, meet First Amendment.

Young people have decided they aren't expendable. It's like Viet Nam. I am so proud. :biggrin:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

But this means they might miss their free hot lunch. Won't they starve to death?
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Maxine Waters wrote:But this means they might miss their free hot lunch. Won't they starve to death?

Hate to disappoint you, Majax. Maybe you can send some more of your racist thug friends to finish the job? :razz: Lynchings aren't dramatic enough anymore, right?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I guess Trump wants to arm teachers now as his brilliant solution. Surprise?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kevin Graham wrote:I guess Trump wants to arm teachers now as his brilliant solution. Surprise?

Would that not serve as a deterrent?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:I guess Trump wants to arm teachers now as his brilliant solution. Surprise?

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/20/58737577 ... a-shooting

SHAPIRO: Let's start with last week's school shooting in Florida. How did trolls online exploit that tragedy?

SHAHANI: Well, I spoke with a researcher at New Knowledge - that's a group that studies pro-Russia trolls - and he gave me a chilling timeline. By 2:30 p.m. Eastern that day he saw an uptick of messages by this one troll network. And they just started sharing breaking news, OK? But by 3 p.m. Eastern, a half hour later, they quickly pivoted to conspiracy theories, speculating it was a Democrat conspiracy and also advancing an extreme pro-gun position, saying teachers need to carry concealed handguns to protect students.

Now, that latter talking point made its way into mainstream news. So it's an example of how anyone can drive the national conversation - you know, advocate strongly for an extreme position and manufacture a ton of retweets at the exact moment when pundits are looking to define the polls.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Dr. Shades wrote:

Not at all. Why would it when many of these killers expect to be killed in the process?

It will only serve as another safety hazard.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Maxine Waters wrote:But this means they might miss their free hot lunch. Won't they starve to death?

Probably not. I would imagine there are a lot of adults who would be proud to feed those kids. It's a WWJD moment. I'm sure Jesus would say "get back into school, you liberal ingrates! It's been 18 years since the Columbine Massacre. Give us just a few more years until all the fuss dies down and we'll figure something out."
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kevin Graham wrote:Why would it when many of these killers expect to be killed in the process?

Other than the Columbine shooters, did any of them expect to be killed in the process?

It will only serve as another safety hazard.

Or it would provide teachers with a method to bring an end to the killing much faster.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley