Continued Russian Election interference

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Continued Russian Election interference

Post by _Kishkumen »

Brackite wrote:And a political party can choose its own candidate by basically whatever methods it wants.

This is what I do not get about the Sanders resentment. He lost. And, he was never a party guy anyway. So what did people expect? That he could waltz in and take the nomination away from a person who had been at the center of the party's power and money for decades?

Srsly?
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Brackite wrote:And a political party can choose its own candidate by basically whatever methods it wants.

This is what I do not get about the Sanders resentment. He lost. And, he was never a party guy anyway. So what did people expect? That he could waltz in and take the nomination away from a person who had been at the center of the party's power and money for decades?

seriously?

I know my disappointment stems from the manner in which the Clintons exerted influence in the primaries over the DNC and how the DNC then facilitated her campaign's path to delegate votes. The quid pro quo was disappointing rather than a fair process. Think more WWE event rather than UFC event.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I know my disappointment stems from the manner in which the Clintons exerted influence in the primaries over the DNC and how the DNC then facilitated her campaign's path to delegate votes. The quid pro quo was disappointing rather than a fair process. Think more WWE event rather than UFC event.

I can't speak to the experience of a card-carrying member of the Democratic Party. I am not one, and though I was disappointed that things were arrayed against Bernie I finally reconciled myself to the situation when I realized that this was their shindig. Not mine.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist