I have cancer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: I have cancer

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Kev I know you're probably dealing with a million issues and thoughts right now. I just wanted to say that I hope you can achieve some clarity, a sense of direction, and make a space in your day to seek a sense of peace. I don't know how possible that is to do right now, but I hope you can find all three before long here. Thinking of you...
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

I'm so sorry to hear this, Kevin. Hang in there.

(And stay the hell off Google for a while!)
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Thanks everyone.

I'm flying to Brazil on Monday and will have surgery next week. After they remove the mass and we get the results from pathology, we'll know more. Hopefully it isn't the kind of cancer that spreads. If it is, they'll scan the rest of my body to determine if I need chemo or radiation treatment.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Good luck with the surgery. I’ll be thinking of you.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Kevin Graham wrote:Thanks everyone.

I'm flying to Brazil on Monday and will have surgery next week. After they remove the mass and we get the results from pathology, we'll know more. Hopefully it isn't the kind of cancer that spreads. If it is, they'll scan the rest of my body to determine if I need chemo or radiation treatment.

Good luck, sir. We have our fingers crossed for great news.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

How much of your treatment/surgery is being covered by ACA? and are you glad that ACA was there for you now?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just want you to know I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, and I think you'll triumph. You're an incredibly resilient and, frankly, passionate man. Focus that energy into courage and go into this think like you're going to own it. I know your family is rallying around you. Lean on them and internalize their love.

You got this.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'm happy to see a post from you. Over the years, whenever I am at odds with you, I've come to feel like I'm fighting with my kid brother. That's only a statement on our ages, not intended to demean you, and I feel that way about a couple of other posters that we know as well. I know that you know that there is never any animosity involved. So, if you don't mind a little sisterly advice from one who has gone toe to toe with you, here goes.

One thing I have never seen you do in all these years is be perfectly gracious to anyone. So don't be gracious now.

Take the gloves off, come out swinging, and kick it's damned ass, Kevin.

You are a fighter.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Hawkeye
_Emeritus

Post by _Hawkeye »

subgenius wrote:How much of your treatment/surgery is being covered by ACA? and are you glad that ACA was there for you now?

Why does that matter? For all intents and purposes the ACA doesn't even exist anymore. We're living in the age of Trumpcare.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

I just want you to know I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, and I think you'll triumph. You're an incredibly resilient and, frankly, passionate man. Focus that energy into courage and go into this think like you're going to own it. I know your family is rallying around you. Lean on them and internalize their love.

You got this.

- Doc

I appreciate that man.