I have cancer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: I have cancer

Post by _EAllusion »

I'm so sorry to hear this Kevin. As others have said, the good news is that the prognosis is good and you're probably going to be OK. Except for now being called Uniball from now on. That'll suck a little.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

What a surreal experience when one is first told. Will they immediately do surgery? Any radiation? Chemo?

When I was diagnosed they used a Tumor/Node/Metastasis (TNM) staging system. I was T3, N1, M0 - over all stage 3 rectal cancer. My doctors told me others in my situation had 65% odds of surviving past 5 years.

Radiation, Chemo, three major abdominal surgeries and 5.5 years later, I'm still here.

If you ever want to talk, holler.
_Paracelsus
_Emeritus

Post by _Paracelsus »

I am not Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim.
- in real life; - any of You can detect it.
Paracelsus (/ˌpærəˈsɛlsəs/; 1493/4 – 24 September 1541), born Theophrastus von Hohenheim (full name Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim)
...but I will die.
Everybody will die. As me.

And everybody should face the facts.
I am 73 (in real life...) so I do it.

Numbers? Percentages? They end ups at the facts.

Am I pessimist? No, I am prepared.
Am I rude? No, I am prepared.
I know of nothing poorer
Under the sun, than you, you Gods!
Should I honour you? Why?

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : Prometheus
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

I'm sorry to read this, Kevin. I wish you and your family the best.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Paracelsus wrote:I am not Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim.
- in real life; - any of You can detect it.
Paracelsus (/ˌpærəˈsɛlsəs/; 1493/4 – 24 September 1541), born Theophrastus von Hohenheim (full name Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim)
...but I will die.
Everybody will die. As me.

And everybody should face the facts.
I am 73 (in real life...) so I do it.

Numbers? Percentages? They end ups at the facts.

Am I pessimist? No, I am prepared.
Am I rude? No, I am prepared.

I think we think we're prepared, but it's one thing to abstractly understand we're all going to die, and it's another to get a knock at the door, you open it, and it's the Grim Reaper who says, "Let's talk."

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Sorry Kevin...it is times like these that put life into perspective, and what is truly important.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

I have heard the expression many times "I'd give my left nut for (something?)" I hope you get a long, very long happy and healthy life in the exchange. The odds are great that's what you will get. I send my blessings to you.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

This is a shock to me, too (to hear this about you). As with everyone else, I wish you the best for a speedy and complete recovery.

As someone else asked, what symptom(s) did you have that convinced you to get checked?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Sorry to hear this amigo. Damn. But others have given you some great news. We are with ya man. We still have a lot to learn from you so get well, keep reading, and laugh. Laughing they say sends all kinds of goodies throughout your body.

Love ya dude
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

I'm sorry to read this, Kevin. My thoughts are with you. Continue to live life fully.