Born with irremediable relationship incapacities?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Re: Born with irremediable relationship incapacities?

Post by _Always Changing »

I like this thread. It is all fluid. Every individual is unique.
Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_jimhabegger
_Emeritus

Post by _jimhabegger »

Always Changing wrote:I like this thread. It is all fluid. Every individual is unique.

That was a nice surprise!
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

I don’t see the morality of sexual intimacy, as having anything to do with anyone’s sex type or gender
vs.
I want people to learn to value those attractions.

Ok, we get it...you're horny.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_jimhabegger
_Emeritus

Post by _jimhabegger »

Dr. Shades, I think now that my remark associating born-gay theory with racism, was useless and irrelevant, but I said it, so I’m stuck with trying to explain it.

The racism I was thinking of was in race theories that were used to excuse slavery, drawing imaginary lines dividing people into groups, and claiming that people in some groups are born with mental and social capacities that are impossible for people in other groups. Part of the progress in social justice has been the loss of popularity of that idea, along with other race theories, in popular thinking. Now I see the very same idea being promoted in, of all places, what currently passes in media stories as social justice activism. Maybe popular thinking about race hasn’t advanced as far as I thought.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

What the hell is going on here?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_jimhabegger
_Emeritus

Post by _jimhabegger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What the hell is going on here?

Dr. Shades questioned me about a remark I made in a comment on Josh Weed’s blog, and I’m trying to explain what I meant by it.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

jimhabegger wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What the hell is going on here?

Dr. Shades questioned me about a remark I made in a comment on Josh Weed’s blog, and I’m trying to explain what I meant by it.

This was context we were missing. Do you have a link to this exchange?

ETA: Found it myself. Behold, context!
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_jimhabegger
_Emeritus

Post by _jimhabegger »

Xenophon wrote:Do you have a link to this exchange?

http://joshweed.com/2018/01/turning-uni ... ment-22143
(To Josh Weed, on his blog)
Jim Habegger on March 14, 2018 at 2:14 am
It grieves me to see sex prejudices, dogmatic ideologies, and reflections of racism, masquerading as promotion of social justice, and I’m really surprised and disappointed to see that coming from you.

Dr. Shades on March 14, 2018 at 5:32 pm
Where are the “reflections of racism?” Please point them out.
_jimhabegger
_Emeritus

Post by _jimhabegger »

Dr. Shades, in the comments on Josh's blog, you said that if a person is not attracted to both sexes, then that person knows that he or she is not bisexual. It's possible that I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "attractions" and "bisexual," but if you mean for example that a person who has never been in love with any man, and never been sexually aroused by any man, can be sure that he never could, I know from personal experience that what you're saying is not true. The first time I was aware of being in love with a man, I was more than 37 years old. I was more than 65 years old before I discovered that I could easily be sexually aroused by looking at men, when I opened myself up to it. All my life, until that moment, the idea was always intensely repulsive to me.
_jimhabegger
_Emeritus

Post by _jimhabegger »

I don't call myself bisexual, because I think that sexual identities are misleading fictions that are used more for harm than for good; and I've never had any interest in bisexual issues, because I'm mostly opposed to what I've seen bisexual alliances promoting; but I think now that I might want to help promote better awareness and understanding of bisexuality. I think one reason we don't hear more about it is because its very existence threatens personal, political, and commercial interests on all sides. Another reason is that it's stigmatized on all sides, so most people are in denial about their bisexuality, and even people who are aware of it keep it to themselves.

7 Misconceptions About Bisexuality We Need To Get Over