Breast is Best>

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Breast is Best>

Post by _canpakes »

Lemmie wrote:
canpakes wrote:Also, breastfeeding is ridiculously more convenient...

:rolleyes: Not for the source.

That depends on the attitude of the source and where you might be at the time, granted, but was much more so than the alternative for us. YMMV. : )
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:
canpakes wrote:Also, breastfeeding is ridiculously more convenient...

:rolleyes: Not for the source.

canpakes wrote:That depends on the attitude of the source and where you might be at the time, granted, but was much more so than the alternative for us. YMMV. : )

The "ATTITUDE" of the source? No, your facts as they relate to the female anatomy and the physical act of breastfeeding are incorrect. Convenience in breastfeeding does not depend upon "the attitude of the source."
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm glad you perceived a good attitude in your source, but its correlation to a convenient breastfeed is just that, a correlation. A good attitude does not make breastfeeding "more convenient," except maybe for the person who is happy that his source is feeding his output in such a way that is so ridiculously convenient for him. :lol:
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ladies!!! Moms!!! :surprised:

( :lol: )
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Lemmie wrote:The "ATTITUDE" of the source? No, your facts as they relate to the female anatomy and the physical act of breastfeeding are incorrect. Convenience in breastfeeding does not depend upon "the attitude of the source."
I'm glad you perceived a good attitude in your source, but its correlation to a convenient breastfeed is just that, a correlation. A good attitude does not make breastfeeding "more convenient," except maybe for the person who is happy that his source is feeding his output in such a way that is so ridiculously convenient for him. :lol:

I understand where you’re coming from, but I really do see this as strongly related to both situation and attitude. I’ll send a PM your way, because, details. ; )
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

canpakes wrote:
Lemmie wrote:The "ATTITUDE" of the source? No, your facts as they relate to the female anatomy and the physical act of breastfeeding are incorrect. Convenience in breastfeeding does not depend upon "the attitude of the source."

I understand where you’re coming from, but I really do see this as strongly related to both situation and attitude. I’ll send a PM your way, because, details. ; )

Okay, I'll take your word for it at the moment, because I agree, on a case by case basis, details matter. Still, no amount of attitude can fix certain physical issues, but I would be interested in your details, but please don't feel like you have to, as I don't want you to feel compelled to reveal any in real life information.

(Not to derail, but If I recall correctly, we both have history in the neighborhood surrounding the Mesa Temple, right? I hear it's being hugely revamped and the "historical" houses in the area are being knocked down. I'm pretty sure that would include my great-grandparents' house. Any word on that neighborhood development?)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I don't know if anyone's said this and I'm too lazy to look. The past few decades or so have seen an uptick in the number of women who are breastfeeding. Mom's have gotten savvy about pumping, using donated breast milk, and all sorts of things. News travels fast these days thanks to the Internet.

What I am saying is that I suspect there's been a decrease in sales in the formula industry and that I wouldn't put the administration past throwing out that threat in an effort to support the formula industry.

What I would like to see more of is women compassionately encouraging each other and honoring their decisions and the circumstances under which those decisions are made. Sometimes our decisions are entirely fulfilling and better than we ever imagined, sometimes they are changed or taken away from us entirely for a variety of reasons. Sometimes we have choices and sometimes choices are thrust upon us.

I'm of the "do whatever brings you peace" school of motherhood philosophy. Peace without guilt. Whatever it is, find it and do it.

:-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

p.s. Hell, I wouldn't put it past the administration to orchestrate a show down so that Russia could swoop in as hero and make them look good to the world.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

canpakes wrote:Also, breastfeeding is ridiculously more convenient. No hauling around or cleaning separate bottles. No purchase required of same. Mom is always prepared for the baby’s needs.

Yes breastfeeding is better, but it doesn't mean scientists won't create a better powdered or artificial milk in the future.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
canpakes wrote:Also, breastfeeding is ridiculously more convenient. No hauling around or cleaning separate bottles. No purchase required of same. Mom is always prepared for the baby’s needs.

Yes breastfeeding is better, but it doesn't mean scientists won't create a better powdered or artificial milk in the future.

Shut the hell up.

I'm not de-inviting you. Just shut the hell up.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Shut the hell up.

I'm not de-inviting you. Just shut the hell up.

Haha You know I like controversy. As a futurist I don't like nature.