Trump Being Treasonous on Television

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Being Treasonous on Television

Post by _Kishkumen »

DarkHelmet wrote:Subbie brings up a good point. Why do many of those who agreed with Romney in 2012, disagree with him today? What has Russia done in the past 6 years to change their opinion?

Umm . . .

Meddled in our presidential election?
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:

That's a great job of proving Republican hypocrisy! Thanks for doing this. Seems like just yesterday Republicans were scared shitless of Russia, propping up another boogeyman to justify electing Mr. 49%. And now that it is a proven fact that they've been cyber attacking us and interfering with our elections, Republicans suddenly don't give a damn because...it is all cool when the Russians are helping them, because.... supreme court picks? Defending the constitution and upholding their oaths is just an overrated formality I guess.

While Obama thought it was stupid to publicly call out Russia as an enemy without provocation, similar to the way Bush did with N. Korea, I don't think anyone believed Russia didn't present a threat. The true hypocrisy is the way the Republicans are responding to Trump's spineless retreat into Putin's bosom. I mean, why are we funding intelligence agencies at all? Trump should just shut them down all together and put all that money towards balancing the budget or something. They're doing precisely what they are paid to do, but Trump is doing the exact opposite of what he was elected to do. We're under attack from Russia now and it is only going to get worse because we elected a fat moron pushover who is complicit.

US intelligence chief: 'The warning lights are blinking red again' on cyberattacks

But what does Trump do with this intelligence? Nothing, probably because his tiny brain cannot process actual intelligence. "No collusion, whatabout emails, rigged witch hunt" is about the only thing he knows how to say anymore.

Obama expels 35 Russian diplomats in retaliation for US election hacking

What has Trump done since the details and extent of these crimes are better known?

Deny that they happened, because....? Oh yeah, because Putin pinky swore to him in private that "he didn't do it."
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Here is what Romney explained by his comment:

"I'm saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world's worst actors. Of course the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran, and a nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough. But when these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them... who is it that always stands up with the world's worst actors? It's always Russia, typically with China alongside. And so in terms of a geopolitical foe, a nation that's on the Security Council that has the heft of the Security Council, and is of course is a massive nuclear power, Russia is the geopolitical foe."

I'm sorry, but where did Mitt mention anything about cyber attacks or interfering with our elections? He called Russia a threat, but for completely different reasons. For Mitt, Russia was the biggest threat because they were on the Security Council and they always "line up with bad actors."

Right now they're lining up with Trump, so I guess Mitt was right on point there.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Lol. Apparently Putin now just shoves his arm up Trump’s ass and works his jaws like a marionette.

Distances do not add up, try again.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:What has Trump done since the details and extent of these crimes are better known?

well, since you missed it, Trump's Justice Dept just indicted 12 Russians - now compare that to Obama giving out plane tickets.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Kishkumen wrote:
DarkHelmet wrote:Subbie brings up a good point. Why do many of those who agreed with Romney in 2012, disagree with him today? What has Russia done in the past 6 years to change their opinion?

Umm . . .

Meddled in our presidential election?

Yeah. So I can understand in 2012, those who didn't see Russia as our #1 geopolitical foe, with the recent kill of Bin Laden and the focus still on the war on islamic terrorism, why those people would have moved Russia up to #1 after what happened in 2016. What I don't get is why people who saw Russia as #1 in 2012 no longer see them as a big threat. These people believe our own government institutions are a bigger threat than Russia.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

canpakes wrote:Lol. Apparently Putin now just shoves his arm up Trump’s ass and works his jaws like a marionette.

"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

DarkHelmet wrote:
These people believe our own government institutions are a bigger threat than Russia.

For some people this is literally what is believed. The government is the enemy. God only knows what they believe is good,
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:
What has Trump done since the details and extent of these crimes are better known?

well, since you missed it, Trump's Justice Dept just indicted 12 Russians - now compare that to Obama giving out plane tickets.

Much to the chagrin of Trump. You're a damned idiot if you think this is evidence that Trump is doing something to prevent a cyber attack that Trump just admitted he doesn't believe happened.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

DarkHelmet wrote:
Yeah. So I can understand in 2012, those who didn't see Russia as our #1 geopolitical foe, with the recent kill of Bin Laden and the focus still on the war on islamic terrorism, why those people would have moved Russia up to #1 after what happened in 2016. What I don't get is why people who saw Russia as #1 in 2012 no longer see them as a big threat. These people believe our own government institutions are a bigger threat than Russia.

It isn't that people on the Left didn't think Russia was a threat, it was more about Romney's public statement to that effect which was unprovoked and uncalled for. Why make that statement like that, for political gain? We already saw how Bush's remarks about N.Korea being a member of the "axis of evil" turned out for the worse, effectively poking the bear for no reason.

And you're still missing Mitt's point, which had nothing to do with them actively attacking us via the internet. He was just saying that Russia is a bad country who "lines up" with "bad actors." That was basically his argument. That's what made them the "#1 geo-political threat."