Since when is being a white supremacist a bad thing?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Since when is being a white supremacist a bad thing?

Post by _EAllusion »

Steve King is out there complaining about how being an open white supremacist is considered a bad thing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/p ... -wall.html

He didn't use the word "idiot," so I guess it isn't a 5-alarm national story.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Since when is being a white supremacist a bad thing?

Post by _ajax18 »

According to the left, it's racist to love and seek to preserve your own race if you're white. If you're nonwhite and love your own race you're considered a humanitarian. The left considers loving and seeking to preserve ones own race and culture an honorable human emotion as long as you're not caucasian. Failure for white people to be ashamed of their race and heritage became morally wrong for the left in the 60s.

Hence there is nothing immoral about the wall and strict enforcement Israel implements on its southern border according to Pelosi, EAllusion, or Kevin Graham. But a border wall in the US or Europe is considered immoral.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

ajax18 wrote:According to the left, it's racist to love and seek to preserve your own race if you're white.

I'm white*, and I certainly don't consider myself racist for loving and seeking to preserve my own race.

Where I differ from ajax18 is that my race is the human race.

I think that may have started when my parents brought me up as a Christian. Though I am no longer a believer, I try to keep hold of the good things I learned then, because I find that holding on to them makes my life a whole lot richer and fuller.

* Actually more like a kind of slightly blotchy greyish pink. But you know what I mean.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

ajax18 wrote:According to the left, it's racist to love and seek to preserve your own race if you're white. If you're nonwhite and love your own race you're considered a humanitarian. The left considers loving and seeking to preserve ones own race and culture an honorable human emotion as long as you're not caucasian. Failure for white people to be ashamed of their race and heritage became morally wrong for the left in the 60s.

Hence there is nothing immoral about the wall and strict enforcement Israel implements on its southern border according to Pelosi, EAllusion, or Kevin Graham. But a border wall in the US or Europe is considered immoral.

The left. The right. So deep and insightful and factual. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still praying for the Day of the Rope? Just repeat the fourteen words and polish your 'gun'.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax, what does white pride and celebrating white culture mean to you, in practical terms or actions?
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

canpakes wrote:ajax, what does white pride and celebrating white culture mean to you, in practical terms or actions?

Can't speak for Ajax, but for me, it summons up images of white hoods, tiki torches, and a lot of goose stepping.

I suppose the celebration part might include mud-truck pulls, country music, and what legal fireworks that are allowed in the backwoods.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

The ideology of white supremacy has a history of black men hanging from trees. Maybe if their history was less malevolent, we would have a more positive opinion of them.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

You can love your wife without think all other women are inferior. There is a difference between loving your cultural roots and White Supremacy.

Mr. King's whiteness did not imbue him with enough intelligence to understand that believing in White Supremacy is racism.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/us/p ... xiety.html

A study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences questions that explanation, the latest to suggest that Trump voters weren’t driven by anger over the past, but rather fear of what may come. White, Christian and male voters, the study suggests, turned to Mr. Trump because they felt their status was at risk.

“It’s much more of a symbolic threat that people feel,’’ said Diana C. Mutz, the author of the study and a political science and communications professor at the University of Pennsylvania, where she directs the Institute for the Study of Citizens and Politics. “It’s not a threat to their own economic well-being; it’s a threat to their group’s dominance in our country over all.”

The Wall is a symbol. A sort of Maginot Line against loss of white supremacy. And like the Maginot Line it will fail.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

There is a difference between loving your cultural roots and White Supremacy.

Absolutely there is. But the spin machine on the left labels any demonstration of love for white culture or race as white supremacy. While I believe that different races of people have different god given gifts, I've never considered any race of people to have fewer God given rights than another. And yet, I'm painted as a white supremacist repeatedly.

Another part where I would definitely disagree with EAllusion is that I don't think anyone should be able to force a person to marry and reproduce children outside their race. Yet to EAllusion simply desiring to marry and maintain my white race and culture by choosing a white woman is the most racist thing anyone can do. I see it as a matter of personal preference. To most on this board, this is indisputable evidence of being a white supremacist.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.