'Welcome to the First Annual Christian Witches Convention!'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

This is not a hoax.

"The first annual Christian witches convention is set to be hosted in Salem, Massachusetts, this April and will feature internationally recognized Prophet Calvin Witcher who agrees with the convention’s host that Jesus was a sorcerer and the Bible is really a “book of magic.” The Rev. Valerie Love, the force behind the event who describes herself as a practicing Christian witch and an ordained minister of spiritual consciousness, recently launched the Covenant of Christian Witches Mystery School to help Christians tap into magic, which critics are condemning as “dangerous.” She insists there is nothing wrong with the idea of Christians practicing magic despite biblical warnings against it. In an extended discussion with Witcher approximately two months ago on reconciling the practice of witchcraft and Christianity, Witcher, whose website says he “brings God’s messages to humanity through powerful teaching and training, allowing non-traditional followers to hear the divine voice of hope,” said the Bible is a “huge book of sorcery.”

I'm wondering what took em so long? It will become an annual tradition for the town of Salem, Massachusetts and maybe help bring healing to that area that is a blight on our national history. Most of the accused burned in the Salem witch trials weren't really witches to begin with. Still, an appropriate place to hold an annual convention IMHO.

I might go if I lived closer out of pure fascination for a Christian aspect of the occult.

https://endtimeheadlines.org/2019/02/je ... pSB6U2abgo
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: 'Welcome to the First Annual Christian Witches Conventio

Post by _Maksutov »

Christian Witch is a good description of the early Joseph Smith, Jr. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

AmyJo wrote:"The first annual Christian witches convention is set to be hosted in Salem, Massachusetts, this April and will feature internationally recognized Prophet Calvin Witcher. . .

Please, oh please, tell me that that's the last name he was born with. Talk about the most appropriate name in history!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
AmyJo wrote:"The first annual Christian witches convention is set to be hosted in Salem, Massachusetts, this April and will feature internationally recognized Prophet Calvin Witcher. . .

Please, oh please, tell me that that's the last name he was born with. Talk about the most appropriate name in history!

_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Dr. Shades wrote:

He took his mother's maiden name?
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

Maksutov wrote:Christian Witch is a good description of the early Joseph Smith, Jr. :lol:

_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

AmyJo wrote:Most of the accused burned in the Salem witch trials weren't really witches to begin with.

They stacked rocks on them or hanged them, I believe. Burning at the stake is left to Hollywood.

It's a fun topic, AmyJo. Thanks.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

He's got a whole youtube channel with prophetic forecasts. Here's the one for February.

Let's be Witcher watchers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPuOdgOPLO8

(I'm listening to it right now. He's putting people on par with the Biblical understanding of God.)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Morley wrote:
AmyJo wrote:Most of the accused burned in the Salem witch trials weren't really witches to begin with.

They stacked rocks on them or hanged them, I believe. Burning at the stake is left to Hollywood.

It's a fun topic, AmyJo. Thanks.

Yep. Nineteen hanged. One pressed, not for being a witch, but for refusing to enter a plea.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

AmyJo wrote: Most of the accused burned in the Salem witch trials weren't really witches to begin with.

Nobody has EVER been a witch in the sense of the word as understood in European and early American witch trials - a person who has entered into a league with Satan in order to be given magic power to harm their neighbours in terms for his dominion over their souls.

Because:

(a) Satan is as imaginary as Santa.

(b) People don't have souls.

(c) Magic powers do not exist.

Just thought I'd mention those points. By the way, witch-hunters came down pretty hard on people who said they didn't believe in witches. You know, party poopers and all that stuff?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.