The Redacted Mueller Report

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_SPG
_Emeritus

Re: The Redacted Mueller Report

Post by _SPG »

canpakes wrote:Goodness. Still wishing fervently for nonexistent offenses of that Obama fellow to distract you from our current Prez?

Poor Trump couldn’t even make it into office without an affirmative action program to push him in there.

That is more about Democrats than Trump. They were faking charges and nothing works for them.
_SPG
_Emeritus

Post by _SPG »

Exiled wrote: Also, once again, an elected president doesn't follow through on campaign promises and falls in line with the war state.

Of all the things to say. His defense secretary quit because he wants to end the wars.

He is has fulfilled more promises than probably any president in history. And his true Master is the Trump brand. He wants to be known for being the best. He isn't doing this for the money.

Stop being so hateful.
_SPG
_Emeritus

Post by _SPG »

Molok wrote:SPG sounds like one of those cult of Q nuts.

Thank you.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

SPG wrote:He is has fulfilled more promises than probably any president in history.

That’s a tall claim. Can you give me a list of his promises fulfilled?

And his true Master is the Trump brand. He wants to be known for being the best. He isn't doing this for the money.

If he is doing it for the Trump brand, as you say, then he is doing it for the money.

As well, he has done so enough times already by ripping folks off with substandard products and failed promises to deliver.

If you believe otherwise, give a list of his branded products that you believe both (1) provide exceptional value to the purchaser or their immediate social group, and/or (2) are not designed for maximum profit flow towards Trump companies.

Stop being so hateful.

I believe you’ve confused hateful with factual.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

SPG wrote:He isn't doing this for the money.

The Hill, 02/27/19, reporting Michael Cohen's testimony to the House Oversight and Reform Committee:

"Mr. Trump would often say this campaign was going to be the greatest infomercial in political history," Cohen said in his opening remarks. "He never expected to win the primary. He never expected to win the general election. The campaign for him was always a marketing opportunity."
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

SPG wrote:
canpakes wrote:Goodness. Still wishing fervently for nonexistent offenses of that Obama fellow to distract you from our current Prez?

Poor Trump couldn’t even make it into office without an affirmative action program to push him in there.

That is more about Democrats than Trump. They were faking charges and nothing works for them.

You’ve had 10 years to prosecute your grievances with Obama. Time to move on. We have a new Prez inhabiting the office, even if the majority of the voters didn’t want him there. ; )
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

SPG wrote:Stop being so hateful.

canpakes wrote:I believe you’ve confused hateful with factual.

"Hateful"/"hating"/"hater" are words that have changed their sense over the last few years, at least so far as I have observed them in internet discourse by US English speakers.

Once one might have said "He hates Jews/Mexicans/Californians/white people" to refer to someone who had a deep and settled hostility that had a strong negative effect on his interactions with and overall attitude to the target group, and to his verbal expressions about them, all in a way that it was next to impossible to get him to change his mind about. In such cases, being Jews/Mexicans/Californians/white people is enough: the people involved don't need to possess any other qualities to get hated. When the hate is directed to an individual by a person not mentally ill, it is common for there to be some reason or at least pretext: "A hates B because B ran over A's son while drunk"; "C hates D because D got the job C wanted".

But now if you say the you have some to the conclusion that Joseph Smith made up the Book of Mormon out of his head, you are told that you 'hate Mormons'. If you say that Trump ended up borrowing money from Deutsche Bank (a bank notorious for laundering money for Russian oligarchs) because no other bank would touch him due to his poor credit record, you are told that you 'hate Trump'.

The original idea of doing this was no doubt to taint critical speech or writing as some kind of moral defect. But now everyone knows how 'hate' is used in such contexts, all that has happened is that 'hate' has been so hollowed out that it is considerably less effective in its (useful) original sense. Pity.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

SPG wrote:That is more about Democrats than Trump. They were faking charges and nothing works for them.

I'm trying to recall the unsuccessful, fake charges Democrats tried. Can you remind me?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

SPG wrote:
Molok wrote:SPG sounds like one of those cult of Q nuts.

Thank you.

Just to be clear, you are a follower of Qanon?
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

SPG wrote:
Exiled wrote: Also, once again, an elected president doesn't follow through on campaign promises and falls in line with the war state.

Of all the things to say. His defense secretary quit because he wants to end the wars.

He is has fulfilled more promises than probably any president in history. And his true Master is the Trump brand. He wants to be known for being the best. He isn't doing this for the money.

Stop being so hateful.

He just vetoed the Yemen bill. Why do you think he did it?

He also has been pushing for toppling an elected govt in Venezuela .... because they have oil. He wants to go to war with Iran probably for oil too. Maybe you should take off your pirate costume? Perhaps that'll clear your thinking on this?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen