Trump, King of the Jews

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Trump, King of the Jews

Post by _moksha »

From Trump's recent tweet:
“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him.... like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...

Trump followed his tweets by saying “I am the chosen one” during an interview with White House reporters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2019/08/21/i-am-the-chosen-one-trumps-religious-comments-enrage-critics/#7a8466006393
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Trump, King of the Jews

Post by _moksha »

Bah, this is an empty story.

Nobody cares if Trump declares himself to be the chosen one. Heck, only a few would even dispute that claim and they are reluctant to voice any opposition for fear of some divine wrath.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I wonder how many religious fundamentalists recognize how well that description fits Trump, and take heart from that because they believe the coming of the anti-Christ presages the return of the real Christ.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Maybe he's not the Messiah, but again when you're competing against Valerie Jarret or Talib, who would you choose as a Jew?
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NIV

- Doc

Hey, at least his followers aren't known for wearing his mark on their foreheads...
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Doctor Steuss wrote:Hey, at least his followers aren't known for wearing his mark on their foreheads...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NIV

- Doc

Hey, at least his followers aren't known for wearing his mark on their foreheads...

:surprised:
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

_Bret Ripley
_Emeritus

Post by _Bret Ripley »

moksha wrote:From Trump's recent tweet:
“... and the Jewish people in Israel love him ... like he is the second coming of God ...
I'm disappointed he didn't tell us who the Jewish people in Israel consider to be the first coming of God, but I think Carl Reiner has a real shot.