Impeachment hearings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Impeachment hearings

Post by _Markk »

MissTish wrote:Markk-

Why didn't Trump have the DOJ investigate the Bidens?

Also, why did he finally release the Ukraine aid?

He did not release the aid to a gas company ran by a criminal on the run, he released it to the military as far as I know, but who knows where the monies will end up, I am not naïve enough to believe people are skimming off the top in most countries we give foreign aid to.

He did release it finally, withing the time limits, for probably several reasons, among them pressure for not approaching this correctly as your first question begs.

There are other reasons the aid was withheld other than the alleged personal reasons of Trump. This is all dirty politics, and by dirty politics Trump will be acquitted today of any crimes, and Biden will remain dirty, and Shiff will continue to make stuff up, Shummer will continue to say what ever is needed even when it contradict what he said in the past, and McConnell will be the passive straightest making deals of who know what, and Pelosi and Trump with continue to bicker like babies.

The left is in a bad position politically, and people voters are prospering, Trump knocked the address last night out of the park, to his base and many independents like me, and unless we have a major recession quickly, Trump will get 4 more years.

That said, the left had better get on the ball and find a exciting candidate that can unit/excite their base or it won't fair well with them. I know you think Trump is stupid, and maybe his is just stupid enough to have the left so flustered they are falling apart and is panic mode, while being focused on him instead of actually having a plan.

by the way I am watching Romney real time as I write this...and his choice, wow he is actually crying about his faith...he is now talking about the Biden's, that basically he missed his chance....it sounds like he is going to not him so far...getting suspenseful...he is going to not acquit him..., I think...he just said his voters will be pissed at him...he just said his vote will no make a difference in the out come...he said he will vote to convict the President on the abuse of power.

Chris Wallace is now interviewing him, on tape.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

If it (Biden corruption) is worthy of investigation, it merits it's own investigation. In a real trial, any reference to Biden would have been dismissed as irrelevant.

"Hunter Biden bene...."
"Objection! Relevance."

"Sustained"

The constant references to the Bidens in the senate trial was just to muddy the waters, no relevance to the actual subject at hand.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_mikwut
_Emeritus

Post by _mikwut »

Steelhead,

That is just wrong.

If it (Biden corruption) is worthy of investigation, it merits it's own investigation. In a real trial, any reference to Biden would have been dismissed as irrelevant.

"Hunter Biden bene...."
"Objection! Relevance."

"Sustained"

The constant references to the Bidens in the senate trial was just to muddy the waters, no relevance to the actual subject at hand.

That is not what would happen. In trial I would simply say goes to state of mind your honor. Relevance is extremely broad in a trial. It is ANY tendency to make a fact more or less probable. State of mind, motive, intent are all relevant in any trial and Trump believing (his belief, not what is really true) is absolutely relevant in a trial. The other side could present the conspiracy theory that has been debunked and a jury can decide. But please man, don't say it isn't relevant.

mikwut
All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

"Why are you afraid, have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40
_mikwut
_Emeritus

Post by _mikwut »

canpakes,

As is a belief in Santa Claus relevant to a child’s state of mind, with a similar focus on self.

You’re doing a great job of proving the House Manager position.

YES!!! I don't know why you can't grasp this very simple legal principle. If at trial it was relevant whether a child really believed in Santa Claus then you bet that is relevant, and it does not make it irrelevant that Santa Claus doesn't exist. This is so simple I am baffled. It is the state of the president's mind. Not whether the state of his mind was a mistake.

mikwut
All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

( response to SteelHead) Trump is accused of going after Biden, I am not sure I see your logic. Why not just open it all up and get to the bottom of it, and hear from every body under oath? That might certainly drain the swamp

by the way I was just wondering, if Trump were to be found guilty, and convicted and removed...does the law/constitution allow him an appeal, and if so, would he be allowed to go after the Biden's in the appeal? That would be a hoot.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_mikwut
_Emeritus

Post by _mikwut »

Markk,

I don't mean to jump in Markk but impeachment is a solely political and congressional matter. There is no appeal to the Courts.

mikwut
-Michael Polanyi

_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Well this is hot news.

Mitt Romney says he will vote to convict Trump!

So much for that "partisan impeachment" talking point.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_MissTish
_Emeritus

Post by _MissTish »

The attacks coming his way will be vicious.
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.- Super Hans

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Utah GOP members are trying to get a recall law passed just to be able to recall Romney if he does not show sufficient loyalty
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

That Baptist pastor will unleash on him.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"