Impeachment hearings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Impeachment hearings

Post by _Markk »

canpakes wrote:Except that he wasn’t specifically advising about NG or energy. Per Biden’s statement at the time:

"As a new member of the board, I believe that my assistance in consulting the company on matters of transparency, corporate governance and responsibility, international expansion and other priorities will contribute to the economy and benefit the people of Ukraine."

So he doesn't speak the language, and knows nothing about the energy field, and he is going to help with inter-nation expansion? He is a lawyer canpakes? What are the other priorities? LOL...

He said on TV that the only reason he got the job because of his name??? Classic denial. LOL...this is exactly what James Carville was saying when he said the left needs to get real and quit with the wacky stuff. And, why I wrote to Jersey Girl you could get the conversation started but would basically implode...Cancakes, Focus....he said on TV the reason he got the job was because Joe was his dad (he was a Biden)...and you are trying to paint this differently. Also, the obvious reason Burisma, and the mobster owner, might want a Biden, simply and obviously because Joe Biden had a check book account of 3 Billion, did I say THREE BILLION dollars to write checks to the Ukraine.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Markk wrote: ...Joe Biden had a check book account of 3 Billion, did I say THREE BILLION dollars to write checks to the Ukraine.

You're really taken by the whole billion/billionaire thing, aren't you, Markk?
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

If this trend of appointing unqualified people continues, next thing you know, people are going to start putting surgeons in charge of housing, pseudoscience investors in charge of education, and realtors/developers in charge of countries.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Cancakes...Only, right? Except that he had a law degree, had been a bank executive Vice President, had previously worked for the US Department of Commerce, and served on he board of Amtrak (appointed by Bush Jr.), aside from the obvious benefit of having the Biden name.

What does any of that have to do with natural gas and the energy field, and getting paid Millions for something you know nothing about...and admitting on TV he was hired because of his name...? All your doing is showing that he had goverment connections and moved around a lot.

Maybe you should google how much money Burisma supposedly received from that aid package that didn’t come “from Joe Biden”. Return and report what you find. But I don’t think you’ll do that, because the results won’t support your story. ; )

You are ducking the questions cancakes...I have googled it when I was looking into all this...and even mentioned how foreign money is spread out all over the world in in private secrete back accounts of different countries, including in Monaco, were the run away ex boss of Hunter fled to to avoid prosecution for stealing monies, probably US tax dollars. You don't know how much, nobody knows where the the money went, which a major part of the problem, and why wanting a investigation is more than warranted.

What we do know is that Hunters boss was corrupt and is on the run, and that he paid Hunter, Heinz, and Archer Millions...that we know...why cancakes? You are just digging yourself in a deeper hole here...the facts are clear, the Bidens smell here, and deserves a investigation.

The questions are piling up, but you are ducking them.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Doctor Steuss wrote:If this trend of appointing unqualified people continues, next thing you know, people are going to start putting surgeons in charge of housing, pseudoscience investors in charge of education, and realtors/developers in charge of countries.

Ouch.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Markk wrote:So he doesn't speak the language,

See my comment on the Trump clan above. : D

Markk wrote:and knows nothing about the energy field, and he is going to help with inter-nation expansion? He is a lawyer canpakes? What are the other priorities? LOL...

Don’t you run a business? Are you aware of the legal requirements that might exist to expand outside of your current scope that may be universal regardless or your core business? How do you not know how this works?

Markk wrote:He said on TV that the only reason he got the job because of his name??? Classic denial ... he said on TV the reason he got the job was because Joe was his dad (he was a Biden)...and you are trying to paint this differently.
He’s absolutely a celebrity board member, with that name. But I’m poking fun at you for your (1) wild-eyed assertion that this in and of itself indicates ‘corruption’ when it’s a standard practice all over the world, while (2) showing no actual evidence for that corruption, and then (3) your needing to pretend that Biden has no useful legal or banking experience (fun example of how you are thinking one-dimensionally: check out what GM Financial does and how it profits its parent company).

Markk wrote:Also, the obvious reason Burisma, and the mobster owner, might want a Biden, simply and obviously because Joe Biden had a check book account of 3 Billion, did I say THREE BILLION dollars to write checks to the Ukraine.
Again with your misunderstanding of facts and basic government procedure. The aid package wasn’t conceived by Biden and Burisma didn’t have a pipeline to it. Why do you keep pretending otherwise?
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Morley wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:If this trend of appointing unqualified people continues, next thing you know, people are going to start putting surgeons in charge of housing, pseudoscience investors in charge of education, and realtors/developers in charge of countries.

Ouch.

One thing we can be certain of is that while being a lawyer makes no sense for being made a board member for a gas/oil company -- gas/oil knowledge does translate to making a good Secretary of State.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Is nepotism illegal? Are sinecures illegal? Is networking illegal?

Given Markk’s stated reasons, why didn’t Trump order the DoJ to investigate the Bidens?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

If nepotism were illegal, then aren't the Trumps a prime example?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Maybe you should google how much money Burisma supposedly received from that aid package that didn’t come “from Joe Biden”. Return and report what you find. But I don’t think you’ll do that, because the results won’t support your story. ; )

You are ducking the questions cancakes...I have googled it when I was looking into all this...and even mentioned how foreign money is spread out all over the world in in private secrete back accounts of different countries, including in Monaco, were the run away ex boss of Hunter fled to to avoid prosecution for stealing monies, probably US tax dollars. You don't know how much, nobody knows where the the money went, which a major part of the problem, and why wanting a investigation is more than warranted.

Ah, here we go with the crazy talk. And so soon after your admission of belief in the deep state nonsense.

Got something for us here besides wild-eyed assertions? Please, explain what money, in which transfers, to whom exactly and when, and for what corrupt purpose? Clarify; the ex-boss of Burisma fled Ukraine but continued to pay money to the Bidens for what, exactly, again?

C’mon, sketch out a timeline. Bring the receipts, Markk.

Anyhow, I like your backtrack on the ‘taxpayer’s dollars’ nonsense.

Markk wrote:The questions desperate allegations are piling up, but you are ducking I have absolutely nothing to support them except for faux partisan rage.

There, fixed that for you.

So, tell me why Trump didn’t ask the DoJ to investigate. C’mon, you know the answer. ; )