The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:2. Why would it make you feel uncomfortable to date a more experience woman?

Fear.

Fear of what?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Dr. Shades wrote: Guess what: Men have a really strong bias against women with mental disorders, too, do they not?

Jesus Christ you think I am stupid? Men do not have a really strong bias against women with mental disorders. Read the study to find out.
https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2018-60117-001

canpakes wrote:Apologies for being blunt, but each of the conditions that you list can carry a toll of varying severity affecting the practical or romantic survivability of the relationship. As example: just as you've placed a premium on obtaining a woman unsullied by someone else's seed shooter, your potential romantic interest may be considering slightly different criteria - such as, finding a partner unsullied by excessive paranoia, or an inability to remain employed due to disorder, or a tendency to occasionally rage and rip screen doors off of hinges, or the need to pull as many people as possible down into a vortex of unrecoverable egotistical dysfunction, depression, eventual mental exhaustion and complete financial ruin.

That's not necessarily unreasonable, right?

What you are saying does make sense, but does that apply if a woman plans to have a short-term relationship?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:Fear of what?

Many things Jersey Girl. I just have to grow up.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:

Okay then. What you said about the previous remark being vulgar is entirely true and yet, I've seen FAR more vulgar remarks come out of the keyboard of other male posters and mostly no one objects to those remarks (not even me) so I could see where you might feel comfortable doing it around here.

Anyway, I really do hope you see a therapist this coming new year and whether or not there's a diagnosis in your future, it sure couldn't hurt to check in with someone and see if you find something about yourself you'd like to build up and get some input on how to go about that.

It's never too late to hit the reset button, DT. :-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Here's my take. According to him he was diagnosed and referred in elementary school as having ADD/ADHD. I know that ASD can be mistaken for ADD/ADHD in childhood particularly when the child isn't followed. He shared that his therapy was discontinued so it's very possible that he is indeed on the spectrum and since his support was withdrawn, it was never formally diagnosed.

:rolleyes:

Sis you can roll your eyes until they fling out of your head sideways. :lol: He's shown me no reason to disbelieve what he has stated.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Image

I love that movie! It is very funny!

FYI: Inside the head of this Jersey Girl lives about a 6 year old child who wants to take the toboggan out of her old garage and ride it down a staircase, stuff herself full of junk, and pop some old guy in the head with a BB gun.

That and the fact that the set has holiday colors in every scene (even the basement) and the segue (especially the music) from one scene to the next is simply perfection.
Chinese Proverb
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Lemmie, you need to remove your appropriate comment. I sent a message to Shades to remove your highly inappropriate comment. Clearly against the rules.
???

Lemmie wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Here's my take. According to him he was diagnosed and referred in elementary school as having ADD/ADHD. I know that ASD can be mistaken for ADD/ADHD in childhood particularly when the child isn't followed. He shared that his therapy was discontinued so it's very possible that he is indeed on the spectrum and since his support was withdrawn, it was never formally diagnosed.

:rolleyes:

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sis you can roll your eyes until they fling out of your head sideways. :lol: He's shown me no reason to disbelieve what he has stated.
of course.

that’s why this cycle of sexist talk has repeated now about dozen times. Every time it blows up in his face, he says he didn’t mean it in a sexist way when he says he doesn’t want a woman who has received a lot of dicks, or that he deserves to take the virginity of a girl because it would be special for him, etc., etc., etc. Then, repeat.

I disagree, and I will continue to object to sexist and inappropriate posts. Personally, Sis, I find it mean of you that you call that needling, condemning, and attacking, but, to each his own.
Lemmie wrote:

People do not need to politely and kindly tolerate sexist, misogynistic comments.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

]
DoubtingThomas wrote:

Jersey Girl wrote:
Okay then. What you said about the previous remark being vulgar is entirely true and yet, I've seen FAR more vulgar remarks come out of the keyboard of other male posters and mostly no one objects to those remarks (not even me) so I could see where you might feel comfortable doing it around here.

Oh dear god. How many posts before your project uses this as an excuse to post offensively, arguing he is just being one of the guys, people don’t seem to mind, and besides Jersey Girl gets it?

At least be responsible enough to follow up your last sentence with: “that doesn’t make it right.”
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
canpakes wrote:Apologies for being blunt, but each of the conditions that you list can carry a toll of varying severity affecting the practical or romantic survivability of the relationship. As example: just as you've placed a premium on obtaining a woman unsullied by someone else's seed shooter, your potential romantic interest may be considering slightly different criteria - such as, finding a partner unsullied by excessive paranoia, or an inability to remain employed due to disorder, or a tendency to occasionally rage and rip screen doors off of hinges, or the need to pull as many people as possible down into a vortex of unrecoverable egotistical dysfunction, depression, eventual mental exhaustion and complete financial ruin.

That's not necessarily unreasonable, right?

What you are saying does make sense, but does that apply if a woman plans to have a short-term relationship?

That depends upon the definition of 'short term', and the purpose of that 'relationship'.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
I disagree, and I will continue to object to sexist and inappropriate posts. Personally, Sis, I find it mean of you that you call that needling, condemning, and attacking, but, to each his own.

Or hers.
Chinese Proverb