The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Lemmie, you need to remove your appropriate comment. I sent a message to Shades to remove your highly inappropriate comment. Clearly against the rules.

I'm confused. Link me to the post in question please?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ETA: I admittedly started reading the thread backwards. Scrolled up, I don't see a post that will get you in trouble, DT.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:I am sorry for my offensive comments, but I was just expressing my concerns.

I get that, but you're missing the point: SOME CONCERNS MUST NOT BE EXPRESSED. The specific concerns you expressed were pretty much textbook examples of the same.

And I never do in real life. I never suggested here that I
Dr. Shades wrote:comprehend women as being objects for you to enjoy, or prey to be preyed upon, or items to which you are entitled to further your own pleasure or amusement.

Lemmie wrote:Now that’s a fascinating comment. DT talks about women repeatedly, in very disgusting ways, as though they are NOT actual humans.

You know that is not true. You repeat a lie enough times and people will start to believe it, that is how politicians work.. You even accused me of being a guy in his 30s for your smear campaign. Not that my age really matters, but there is no need to lie about my age. And all you have are personal attacks to distract people from what I am actually saying. That is the feminist strategy. All you care about is to cherry-pick some things I said to make me look bad. Stop cherry picking.

I said things that some find offensive. When I say things like "I wouldn't want to date a woman that had a lot of partners", I didn't mean that having a lot of partners is a bad thing. If a woman wants to have a lot of partners she should do it and enjoy it.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'll check back in a sec.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Sending you a private message.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

DoubtingThomas wrote:

I said things that some find offensive. When I say things like "I wouldn't want to date a woman with a lot of sexual experience", I didn't mean that sexual experience is a bad thing. I don't judge women that had a lot of partners.

But that's not how I recall you saying it. I recall you saying something to the effect that you would like a woman who hasn't had many dicks. Something like that.

That's offensive because it sounds like you're looking at a woman as a receptacle instead of a whole person.

I'm pretty sure that I identified it as offensive when you made that remark.

Okay...I have an idea about something...going to try it right here.

I said things that some find offensive. When I say things like "I wouldn't want to date a woman with a lot of sexual experience", I didn't mean that sexual experience is a bad thing. I don't judge women that had a lot of partners.

You told us what you DIDN'T mean. But what DID you mean when you said that?
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:You told us what you DIDN'T mean. But what DID you mean when you said that?

When I am older I will not care about a woman's sexual history. For now, I simply want to date a young woman in her early 20s before I get too old for one. I wouldn't feel comfortable dating a sexually experienced woman, at least not yet. I hope that desire is not a bad thing.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:
But that's not how I recall you saying it. I recall you saying something to the effect that you would like a woman who hasn't had many dicks. Something like that.

It was a vulgar way of saying the same thing, but again I do not believe that having a sexual history is a bad thing. To the contrary, having sexual experience is a good thing.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Okay bear with me...I promise you I'm not trying to do anything weird here. I know it's going to feel like I'm nailing you to the wall. Let me do it anyway if you will and it's perfectly okay if you don't want to. I'll just shut up my keyboard.

1. What's important about dating a young woman in her early 20s?

2. Why would it make you feel uncomfortable to date a more experience woman?
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Jersey Girl wrote:1. What's important about dating a young woman in her early 20s?

1. I don't know, I want to find out for myself if there is something special. I don't want that question in my mind when I am too old. According to Time mag, "Although women tend to seek men around their age, men of all ages are by far looking for women in their early 20s, according to OkCupid data."
https://time.com/3433014/men-women-dating-mid-20s/

But I promise that when I get older I really won't care anymore. I won't care about a woman's sexual history, and when I am much older I won't care if she has some STD.

Jersey Girl wrote:2. Why would it make you feel uncomfortable to date a more experience woman?

Fear.