This is how society dies

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: This is how society dies

Post by _ajax18 »

We should have let you secede in 1860.

I'm amazed that so many Yankees were willing to send their sons to die in battle just to stop the Confederacy from seceding and forming their own nation, a right given to them by the Constitution.

We would have several small, third world countries on our southern border, and Trump's border wall would need to extend to the Atlantic Ocean.

How could you have a border when the Democratic states of America led by Nancy Pelosi believes border walls are immoral. You wouldn't have several small third world countries on your southern border because you wouldn't even have a border or a country. You'd have whatever the UN allowed you to have.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

ajax18 wrote:I'm amazed that so many Yankees were willing to send their sons to die in battle just to stop the Confederacy from seceding and forming their own nation, a right given to them by the Constitution.

The North and South would have ultimately been drawn into conflict anyway when the Confederacy sided with the Axis powers in Europe.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Perfume on my Mind wrote:I'm disgusted by rich people who want more. They're ____ in the head and need serious medication.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

LOL

Shades... quit damned with me, ya goofball.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

ajax18 wrote:
We should have let you secede in 1860.

I'm amazed that so many Yankees were willing to send their sons to die in battle just to stop the Confederacy from seceding and forming their own nation, a right given to them by the Constitution.

We would have several small, third world countries on our southern border, and Trump's border wall would need to extend to the Atlantic Ocean.

How could you have a border when the Democratic states of America led by Nancy Pelosi believes border walls are immoral. You wouldn't have several small third world countries on your southern border because you wouldn't even have a border or a country. You'd have whatever the UN allowed you to have.

Wait.... wut?

Where is that right given in the constitution?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

ajax18 wrote:How could you have a border when the Democratic states of America led by Nancy Pelosi believes border walls are immoral. You wouldn't have several small third world countries on your southern border because you wouldn't even have a border or a country. You'd have whatever the UN allowed you to have.

No, it would still be called the United States. Trump's a New Yorker, so he would have been born into the United States. He would run on building a border wall to keep out those filthy confederate rednecks. :)
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

ajax18 wrote:I'm amazed that so many Yankees were willing to send their sons to die in battle just to stop the Confederacy from seceding and forming their own nation, a right given to them by the Constitution.

They sent their sons to end the evils of slavery.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Morley wrote:

They sent their sons to end the evils of slavery.

no they didn't....nary a one was motivated as such.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

subgenius wrote:
Morley wrote:They sent their sons to end the evils of slavery.

no they didn't....nary a one was motivated as such.

k
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Morley wrote:They sent their sons to end the evils of slavery.

subgenius wrote:no they didn't....nary a one was motivated as such.

Really? Not even one?

Frederick Douglass's Son Lewis Henry Douglass
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Morley wrote:
Frederick Douglass's Son Lewis Henry Douglass

Oh, you must be soooo right because Lewis joined 2 years after war started but only a few months after emancipation proclamation (that allowed blacks into military...hmmm an odd timeline for "evils")...but ok, his parents sent him to fight them evils.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent