Trump Releases 6 page Rant attacking Pelosi

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Trump Releases 6 page Rant attacking Pelosi

Post by _Icarus »

He goes on and on with the script of calling the impeachment unconstitutional, insisting that Dems are invoking the Founding Fathers in vain because they'd be on his side if they were alive today.

So, Dems says it would be unconstitutional not to impeach and the Trumpublicans say it is unconstitutional to impeach.

Hmmm, if only there were some kind of Constitutional experts who could weigh in here...

Over 750 Scholars Weigh in ... call for Trumps's impeachment.

Over 1,000 former prosecutors said "Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice."

But what do they know. The guy who threatened his former school if they disclosed his grades probably knows more about the Founding Fathers than all of these scholars put together.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Releases 6 page Rant attacking Pelosi

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Icarus wrote:He goes on and on with the script of calling the impeachment unconstitutional, insisting that Democrats are invoking the Founding Fathers in vain because they'd be on his side if they were alive today.

So, Democrats says it would be unconstitutional not to impeach and the Trumpublicans say it is unconstitutional to impeach.

Hmmm, if only there were some kind of Constitutional experts who could weigh in here...

Over 750 Scholars Weigh in ... call for Trumps's impeachment.

But what do they know. The guy who threatened his former school if they disclosed his grades probably knows more about the Founding Fathers than all of these scholars put together.

Hamilton understood, as he wrote in 1792, that the republic remained vulnerable to the rise of an unscrupulous demagogue, “unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents…despotic in his ordinary demeanour.” That demagogue, Hamilton said, could easily enough manage “to mount the hobby horse of popularity — to join in the cry of danger to liberty — to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion — to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day.” Such a figure, Hamilton wrote, would “throw things into confusion that he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”

Alexander Hamilton was a better prophet than Joseph Smith. I wonder if Hamilton envisioned the "considerable talents" as being really, really good at saying stupid stuff with a straight face.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Anyone still think he isn’t snorting Adderall by the truckload?

eta: This is so fruitloops I actually just saved it. I defy anyone tell me we’re not living in a bizarro simulation right now where Idiocracy was a Nostradamus-like prognostication.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Anyone still think he isn’t snorting Adderall by the truckload?

Let he who is without a desk drawer full of UK brand Sudafed cast the first stone.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Remember when part of the amusement of listening to dictators or their spokespeople in other countries saying banana-pants crazy stuff was how alien it seemed? Not anymore.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Trump didn't really write this. Not enough misspellings or ALLCAPS.

I'm sure that the man gave his whiny-arse input of conspiracies and complaints, but at least the White House found someone who can edit as well as a high-schooler before releasing this rant.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

canpakes wrote:Trump didn't really write this. Not enough misspellings or ALLCAPS.

I'm sure that the man gave his whiny-arse input of conspiracies and complaints, but at least the White House found someone who can edit as well as a high-schooler before releasing this rant.

To me, it reads as though Trump dictated a rant to his people, then they cleaned it up into something a little more coherent and released it in quasi-Trump speak. Shades of that letter to Erdogan.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Trump also just implied Schiff should be assasinated / executed a few minutes ago.

Watching the Republic die in real-time folks.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Does that kind of garbage become part of the Presidential record? Officially?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:Trump also just implied Schiff should be assasinated / executed a few minutes ago.

Watching the Republic die in real-time folks.

C’mon, man. You gotta link that crap.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ch-tougher

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.