Trump admits to all House charges

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_iwanttotalk
_Emeritus

Re: Trump admits to all House charges

Post by _iwanttotalk »

Gotta love the bias here. Trump is an irracable dullard, but Maxine Waters is an irreproachable stable genius.

Give me a break. Shes an insane person. Its okay to acknowledge that even if she is black.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Probably Ajax since he adopted an affectation meant to denigrate black folks.

- Doc

You really believe Ajax has demonstrated ability to create and execute the Maxine character on this board?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

ajax wrote:...a working economy with a high labor participation rate ...

While the labor force participation rate was more of a focus of Republicans attempting to shade the progress coming out of the Great Recession under Obama, it's importance isn't directly a reflection of the strength of the economy. The reasons people participate in seeking/performing work vary and the data by age group can tell you as much or more about what's going on. Some stats for your, ajax.

https://www.multpl.com/us-labor-force-p ... le/by-year

The Nov 1, 2019 63.20% rate is lower than the first five years of Obama's presidency. Those were the depths of the recession years, too. You have to go back to the mid 80's to find similar numbers to the current rate. That was about the time the bulk of the baby boomer generation was in the work force.

Since the recovery began and as baby boomers have begun aging into traditional retirement years we've seen the participation rates across age demographics change, too.

https://www.bls.gov/emp/tables/civilian ... n-rate.htm

Teen participation has been declining year over year for some time, but especially during the GR when older workers were taking low paying menial jobs usually beneath their experience or needs. But I'm sure it warms your heart to see the only age demographic groups ticking up comparing 2008 to 2018 were those over 55 working into their mid 70s compared to other generations. Work 'til you die, baby! uh, boomer.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Probably Ajax since he adopted an affectation meant to denigrate black folks.

- Doc

You really believe Ajax has demonstrated ability to create and execute the Maxine character on this board?

This isn't some mystery. It's public knowledge that it's Ajax.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

iwanttotalk wrote:Gotta love the bias here. Trump is an irracable dullard, but Maxine Waters is an irreproachable stable genius.

Give me a break. she's an insane person. Its okay to acknowledge that even if she is black.

Please quote the post that praised Maxine Waters on this thread. Since it's only one page, you'll have no trouble doing so.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

iwanttotalk wrote:Gotta love the bias here. Trump is an irracable dullard, but Maxine Waters is an irreproachable stable genius.

Give me a break. she's an insane person. Its okay to acknowledge that even if she is black.

It only be racist to say I insane if a Repubican say it.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_iwanttotalk
_Emeritus

Post by _iwanttotalk »

Maxine Waters wrote:

It only be racist to say I insane if a Repubican say it.

that's your joke wasn't it?

That “black face” is racist. So mocking a black person for their mental accumen or comportment is racsit and therefore unacceptable

EVEN IF THEY ARE A WORLD LEADER IN THE MOST POWERFUL NATION ON EARTH!

Its insane to think a black person in a key position of real power and indluence, is beyond not only mockery but criticism because of the color of their skin.

I thought it was a very astute commentary on the state of the nation and therefore very apprapro and humerous.

Bravo!
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

iwanttotalk wrote:
that's your joke wasn't it?

That “black face” is racist. So mocking a black person for their mental accumen or comportment is racsit and therefore unacceptable

EVEN IF THEY ARE A WORLD LEADER IN THE MOST POWERFUL NATION ON EARTH!

Its insane to think a black person in a key position of real power and indluence, is beyond not only mockery but criticism because of the color of their skin.

I thought it was a very astute commentary on the state of the nation and therefore very apprapro and humerous.

Bravo!
Yes, "apprapro." This leans pretty hard into trolling territory. Poe's law is in effect here, though, so it's always hard to know for sure. Anyway, please quote someone here saying Maxine Waters is above criticism. I see people complaining about using racist stereotypes to mock her, but I'm having a hard time finding someone complaining about the idea of criticizing her. Doubtless you'll be quoting that any second now. Right after you quote all the posts praising her.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:

- Doc

It's Ajax. This isn't hidden information. He's responded as Ajax under that alias.

For sure, I was just responding to the 'racist piece of trash' comment in that it was directed at Ajax for using the MW persona to be racist because he feels it's clever to talk like a poorly educated black person.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

iwanttotalk wrote: very apprapro and humerous.

C'mon now. Nobody really writes like that. You're a troll pretending to be illiterate, surely?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.