The coronavirus spread updated in real time

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The coronavirus spread updated in real time

Post by _Jersey Girl »

It was notable that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell taped his remarks hundreds of miles away in his home state of Kentucky, socially distanced in an open field. He lambasted the Democrats for telling Americans what to do, even when they can and can’t go to school. The Republicans “will continue to support American families as we defeat the coronavirus and return our economy to the envy of the world,” McConnell said, the surrounding tall grass as his witness.
The Dems aren't telling people what to do, or when they can or can't go to school. The Republican administration "led" by Trump left it up to the states or can't he remember how his boss dumped everything in the state's hands? Trump wanted to reopen the country with no mask mandates in place. That made our daily number of new cases rise from approx. 20K to upwards of 70-something K per day.

By the way, here's the cumulative number of new cases in the U.S. today: 6,040,136

So yeah. We're the envy of the whole fu-cking world that won't allow us into their countries because Trump drained the swamp and made a total sh-ithole out of this place.

Winning!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

According to Whitehouse senior staffer questioned by Jim Acosta about the lack of masks and social distancing at RNC final event: "Everybody is going to catch this thing eventually."

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MwP5_K3jhA in which they also pointed out the contrast between peaceful, BLM protest events and RNC rallies and events, as far as spreading the virus. Unlike the RNC events, the BLM events (in which social distancing and masks were used) were not followed by outbreaks of coronavirus.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:59 am
According to Whitehouse senior staffer questioned by Jim Acosta about the lack of masks and social distancing at RNC final event: "Everybody is going to catch this thing eventually."

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MwP5_K3jhA

This "thing"...KILLS. Currently 1K deaths per day on average.

You don't see Trump throwing himself on the tracks, do you? He gets tested every single day of his miserable life.

Do we? Could we if we wanted to?

I'd vote for a pile of sun dried road kill, before I would vote for Trump.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:31 am
:lol: Me too--maybe--as long as I were assured that it was thoroughly sun dried, and no longer infectious--like Trump is.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:41 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
:lol: Me too--maybe--as long as I were assured that it was thoroughly sun dried, and no longer infectious--like Trump is.
We can just get some bleach and inject it before we elect it. I hear that works. :lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

As I continue to record the daily numbers nationally and locally (I started back in early April), I noticed our local number of cases recently and steadily starting to shoot up. I just found this article from CNN...it confirms it. Fauci's been saying this would happen for a long time already. He wasn't wrong.

Please read the article below and pay attention, folks. Get your shots!

'Hunker down': The fall Covid-19 surge is here

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/13/health/u ... index.html

Local number of new cases--

The day masks were mandated: 156

About 2 weeks into the mandate: 48

A month into the mandate: 33

Last week: 117

Today: 103

USA total cumulative reported cases as of today: 8,013,228
USA total new cases today: +50,560
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Meanwhile in my home state of California, the number of daily new cases has been either flat or declining for more than a month now, and the number of people hospitalized or in ICU because of it has been steadily declining, as has the positivity rate (currently at 2.7%).

In my home county, the numbers are going in the right direction too. The daily new cases have declined from a high of 44 to only 3 today. The number currently hospitalized has declined from a high of 19 to only 3 today. Out of the total 1785 confirmed cases since the start of the pandemic, 1757 have recovered, 12 have died, leaving only 16 still known, active cases. The county's positivity rate has declined to 3.2% and the average number of new cases per day is only 4.7 per 100K. Restaurants can now open indoors up to 25% capacity or 100 diners, whichever is the smaller number. Masks and social distancing are still mandated.

I hope current trends continue, and we don't experience another wave of infections.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

delete

― Harlan Ellison
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Yet Christie and Trump survived in it within a few days...and they are not textbook examples for healthy vibrant old folk.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Yet Christie and Trump survived in it within a few days...and they are not textbook examples for healthy vibrant old folk.
Who's disputing that? That Trump and Christie managed to dodge the bullet, so far, does not lessen the well documented fact that hundreds of thousands in this country have died from it, and over a million worldwide, nor does it obviate the near certainty that as much as hundreds of thousand more are yet to die from it.

It is probably too soon to conclude that even Trump and Christie are entirely out of the woods yet.

― Harlan Ellison