Nevada Primary

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Nevada Primary

Post by _subgenius »

Anyone else believe the Democratic Party is capable of running anything at a National scale?
WashPost reports.

"Campaigns said they still have not gotten the party to offer even a basic explanation of how key parts of the process will work."
"Volunteers are reporting problems with the technology that’s been deployed at the last minute to make the vote count smoother."
"And experts are raising serious questions about a tool the party has been feverishly assembling to replace the one scrapped after the meltdown in Iowa."
“It feels like the [state party is] making it up as they go along,” said one Democratic presidential aide."

making it up as they go along - legit.
Maybe Schreech is behind this from one of the many airport lounges he gets to visit?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Nevada Primary

Post by _Markk »

It is pretty strange right now...

The “party” hates Bernie and wants him out.

Amy, a sitting senator who was a jurist against Trump, and a candidate for President...doesn’t even know who the President of Mexico is.

Bloomberg had already at this point spent over 400 million dollars in adds...400 milllllion! And still does not qualify to be in a debate. And is being accused of acute racism. And there is rumors Hillary will be his VP candidate.

Biden appears to be falling apart and is having old age issues, and is a mess. And some ar mocking him and telling him to get out.

And Pete, a mayor is maybe the only hope...

And then there is Warren, who will most likely be done by Sunday.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Markk wrote:And Pete, a mayor is maybe the only hope...

The LDS Apostles have yet to organize their members into an Anti-Pete campaign. That is a hopeful sign.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

The corporate funded Dem Party doesn't want Bernie and if they can create confusion in the caucus states while having the former Repo Bloomberg buy enough votes, pay off enough people, the superdelegates will come into play and deny Bernie the nomination, again. If it works, and it looks like it could, expect Bloomberg to return to his billionaire conservativism, assuming he is the nominee, and we will have one of the lowest turnout elections in history. Bernie could win as a third party candidate in the above scenario, but would probably be denied ballot access precisely because he could win.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:The corporate funded Dem Party doesn't want Bernie and if they can create confusion in the caucus states while having the former Repo Bloomberg buy enough votes, pay off enough people, the superdelegates will come into play and deny Bernie the nomination, again. If it works, and it looks like it could, expect Bloomberg to return to his billionaire conservativism, assuming he is the nominee, and we will have one of the lowest turnout elections in history. Bernie could win as a third party candidate in the above scenario, but would probably be denied ballot access precisely because he could win.

Gawd save us from the insufferable whining of the Bernie Bros. If there’s a candidate that there establishment is out to defeat, it’s Warren. The press is ignoring her. The latest head to heads included Amy instead of Liz, even though Amy trails Liz in the polls.

So your guy didn’t fare as well as you’d hoped in a caucus. For years ago, you guys were all about caucuses because a good ground organization can game them. My wife came back from our caucus for years ago livid at how the Berners had treated those who favored Clinton. Now you’re finally discovering how undemocratic caucuses really are. I’m so glad we finally scrapped ours in Washington.

Your guy is killing it in the polls right now. But everything’s a conspiracy against Bernie.

That won’t stop me from voting for him. But it doesn’t endear me to his devotees.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Dr Exiled wrote:The corporate funded Dem Party doesn't want Bernie and if they can create confusion in the caucus states while having the former Repo Bloomberg buy enough votes, pay off enough people, the superdelegates will come into play and deny Bernie the nomination, again. If it works, and it looks like it could, expect Bloomberg to return to his billionaire conservativism, assuming he is the nominee, and we will have one of the lowest turnout elections in history. Bernie could win as a third party candidate in the above scenario, but would probably be denied ballot access precisely because he could win.

The Dem party kept caucuses despite a push to phase them out specifically because Bernie supporters got enough power in the Democratic party post-2016 to force them to stick around because they believed them to be in Bernie's advantage. Now they're an anti-Bernie conspiracy?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love that a turbobrainlet on this thread hurr hurrs that Klobuchar didn't know Senor Obrador's name, but simultaneously would shrug if Trump didn't know a country's name, location, or who's governing it. DO NOT GOOGLE THIS IF YOU SUPPORT TRUMP AND WOULD RATHER JUST STAY HAPPILY IGNORANT BECAUSE OF WHATEVER TWO PET ISSUES YOU CARE ABOUT HE TELLS YOU HE CARES ABOUT, TOO.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Well Trump keeps the tides rising and falling on schedule. If that failed fisherman, sailors and others would be in a pickle. I do not know of anything else constructive that he has done but at least a few basics are taken care of.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Sorry, I was just in a grump because I thought the debate was turning into a train wreck so I stopped watching. If it improves someone could let us know.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

huckelberry wrote:Sorry, I was just in a grump because I thought the debate was turning into a train wreck so I stopped watching. If it improves someone could let us know.

No. It's a frickin food fight. We need to change the way these debates are handled. No question about it.

ETA: I just popped on here while they were on break to let off some steam. The candidates don't have enough time to speak, not enough time for rebuttal, they're constantly being cut off by the moderators or each other. They're forced to behave like toddlers all tugging on mom and dad's clothing for attention. We should be embarrassed by the way this is being handled.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb