Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _Jersey Girl »

"You okay? You okay? You'll be okay. We're gonna be okay. We're gonna be okay. I promise. Okay? I promise." ~ Joe Biden

And you KNOW he said that to his own sons.

Trump has nothing to connect with.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

As we move forward to renewable energy sources and hopefully zero emissions, does anyone think that the oil companies will follow suit and become a part of that new and sure to be growing field?
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:07 am
As we move forward to renewable energy sources and hopefully zero emissions, does anyone think that the oil companies will follow suit and become a part of that new and sure to be growing field?
They already are, a cursory search proves as much. "Oil" companies have already, mostly, transformed into "energy" companies. Your cartoonish perspective on the industry is more dangerous than the actual industry. The real issue in the rush to demonize fossil fuels is that at the industrial level it is still inefficient from a power perspective. Research BTU yields or how the torque from a diesel engine compares, etc.
And then pause and look at how your own energy consumption relies upon fossil fuels yet you refuse to ban them in your own life.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:49 pm
... pause and look at how your own energy consumption relies upon fossil fuels yet you refuse to ban them in your own life.
As a citizen and investor (directly and indirectly) I use my vote and voice to direct attention to the imperative need to turn away from fossil fuels and towards ultimately cheaper, sustainable, and non-greenhouse effect promoting sources of renewable energy as soon as can be. This includes, for instance, advocating the withdrawal of subsidies that artificially encourage continued fossil fuel use and extraction in circumstances where it would not otherwise be viable, and retraining workers for jobs in the new energy sectors.

I am under no obligation to withdraw from society and go and live in the woods while the inevitable energy transition takes place. Your implication to that effect may appropriately be met with the response:

Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Wow bird, wow. That is powerful.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:21 am
moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Wow bird, wow. That is powerful.
I heartily second that motion! Best meme of the year
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Something all Trump supporters should view:

https://www.Facebook.com/FrankWFoxAmeri ... 851209145/

Wish someone would post that at Sic et Non, although Midgley might begin pestering this guy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

We're rounding the corner. We're entering the final turn and approaching the light at the end of the tunnel.~POSOTUS*

New cases reported in the United States TODAY: 81, 762

That's a record high and the day's not over. Oh yeah. A lot of residents are entering the final turn and approaching the light at the end of the tunnel.

The literal end.

*Not a typo.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:18 am
We're rounding the corner. We're entering the final turn and approaching the light at the end of the tunnel.~POSOTUS*

New cases reported in the United States TODAY: 81, 762

That's a record high and the day's not over. Oh yeah. A lot of residents are entering the final turn and approaching the light at the end of the tunnel.

The literal end.

*Not a typo.
Chinese Proverb