Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _Some Schmo »

The main, significant difference between Biden and Trump, in terms of competence, is that you can rely on Biden to restore the various branches of government, and choose a better cabinet. That alone is enough.

Besides, Biden's not an obvious asshole like Trump is.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I can't imagine a time when a VP pick was more important, given the chances Biden wouldn't last his full term, not to mention the division within the Democratic party.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:19 pm
https://mobile.Twitter.com/DisrnNews/st ... to-pile-up

“We're ... in the middle of a pandemic that has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of millions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs. You know, and we're in a position where, you know we just got new unemployment insurance, this morning, uh, numbers — 36.5 million claims since this crisis began."

Man. I think we’re stuck with choosing between a psychopath and, I don’t even know what to call Biden’s mental state right now. This is not good. All I can say is Biden better avoid a live debate with Trump.

- Doc
Cuomo.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

If you guys haven't followed Cuomo's press briefings, you missed this. This was the one time Cuomo ripped into Trump at length. Not reading from a script. His approval rating is at an all time high. He's had national exposure over the past 2 months. He's been showing the nation who he is and what he has the capacity to do every single day all this time. People all over the country and the world have followed him throughout the pandemic and lauded his leadership. He's not without controversy but I think this guy would take down Trump in a New York minute and his party needs to draft him.

Trump says Cuomo should spend less time "complaining." Cuomo responds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelaVkZRpeY
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Sat May 16, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

One more. Cuomo's inspirational address to the National Guard.

'Kick Coronavirus Ass': Watch Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Powerful Address to National Guard | NBC New York

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FUcNKuQbF4
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Actually. Now that I think about it. A debate between Trump and Biden would be akin to watching a Seinfeld skit that was written by Larry David on Klonopin. So. You know what? damned go for it, gentlemen.

Here's Trump raging against dishwashers and lightbulbs at a rally:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ets-rally/

Good times, good times.

- Doc
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:25 pm
Evidence against Trump's indiscretions is far more substantial than the weak sauce leveled at Biden. This is no contest.
The difference is that Republicans admire sexual predator traits in Trump and Democrats do not like even a hint of that in Biden. Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar are still in the Democratic wings.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:47 am
If you guys haven't followed Cuomo's press briefings, you missed this. This was the one time Cuomo ripped into Trump at length. Not reading from a script. His approval rating is at an all time high. He's had national exposure over the past 2 months. He's been showing the nation who he is and what he has the capacity to do every single day all this time. People all over the country and the world have followed him throughout the pandemic and lauded his leadership. He's not without controversy but I think this guy would take down Trump in a New York minute and his party needs to draft him.

I had my usual breakfast meeting with the Queen today, and after watching this video we agreed to authorise a snatch operation to acquire Mr Cuomo, transport him to London, and conscript him as Prime Minister. So if you notice that he isn't on your TV any more, that will be what happened.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but things are getting serious, don'tcha'know.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:47 am

I had my usual breakfast meeting with the Queen today, and after watching this video we agreed to authorise a snatch operation to acquire Mr Cuomo, transport him to London, and conscript him as Prime Minister. So if you notice that he isn't on your TV any more, that will be what happened.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but things are getting serious, don'tcha'know.
Please tell Liz that Jersey says, "You may not!"
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am

Wow! You regularly breakfast with the Queen? :wink: Lucky lady! How I envy her! She must be a very good judge of character! It's too bad, though, that she is powerless to remove Boris from office. I don't have a much better impression of him than I do of Trump. He does seem to have somewhat less trouble coherently expressing himself than Trump, though.