Alexander Vindman: Coming forward ended my career. I still believe doing what?????s right matters.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Re: Alexander Vindman: Coming forward ended my career. I still believe doing what’s right matters.

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 am
Please tell me you’re kidding us.
Why would I be?
_Morley
_Emeritus

Re: Alexander Vindman: Coming forward ended my career. I still believe doing what’s right matters.

Post by _Morley »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:03 am
Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 am
Please tell me you’re kidding us.
Why would I be?

I'm going to take that as a 'no." And that basic training still regularly haunts your dreams.

Thank you.
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

delete
Last edited by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

Carry on. I interrupted the discussion as to whether or not Col. Vindman is a snowflake.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:15 pm
Carry on. I interrupted the discussion as to whether or not Col. Vindman is a snowflake.
I am frankly amazed by the discussion that began with the intervention by Temp Admin, including insults to the courage of a wounded combat veteran and the statement that the person doing the insulting still has dreams about their basic military training. There's something wrong here, and it certainly is not something that is wrong with Alexander Vindman.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Chap wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:15 pm
I am frankly amazed by the discussion that began with the intervention by Temp Admin, including insults to the courage of a wounded combat veteran and the statement that the person doing the insulting still has dreams about their basic military training. There's something wrong here, and it certainly is not something that is wrong with Alexander Vindman.
Tell us about your military experience.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm
Chap wrote:
Tell us about your military experience.
Umm ... no. A pacifist contemplative nun in a cloister since the age of 16 would still perfectly qualified to comment on your postings.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Chap wrote:
Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:15 pm
At some level I suppose I should accept responsibility for where the thread has gone. I'm certainly, intentionally antagonizing Shades. It struck me as a dopey, poorly informed comment made by someone who lacked perspective.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

I think that all but the ill-intentioned or obsessive participants on this board think of Shades as a nice tolerant person to whom we all owe a lot. And I expect that is the way things will continue to be.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zadok:
Maksutov:
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 pm
At some level I suppose I should accept responsibility for where the thread has gone. I'm certainly, intentionally antagonizing Shades. It struck me as a dopey, poorly informed comment made by someone who lacked perspective.
I'm to blame, too.

Shades is certainly no snowflake, but neither is Col. Vindman. Calling someone with his background that is beyond the pale, in my opinion.