5 yo white boy murdered at point blank range

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

5 yo white boy murdered at point blank range

Post by _ajax18 »

Can anyone find this story on MSNBC or CNN

A North Carolina man is now in police custody in connection with the fatal shooting of a young boy, authorities said Tuesday.

According to WTVD, Darius Nathaniel Sessoms, 25, of Wilson, is facing a first-degree murder charge after police allege he shot 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant, his next door neighbor, about 5:30 p.m. Sunday at a Wilson mobile home park.

Family members told police that Cannon was outside on his bike, playing with his sisters, ages 8 and 7, when Sessoms walked up to the boy, pointed a gun at his head and pulled the trigger.

No motive has been established for the murder.

The victim was rushed by emergency services to a nearby hospital, where he died, according to the Wilson Times.

Cannon’s mother, Bonny Waddell, told the Times her son was scheduled to start kindergarten on Monday and had just learned how to write his name.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... r-old-boy/
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Re: 5 yo white boy murdered at point blank range

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

I think it's pretty clear that mental illness is playing an enormous part here.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 pm
If the races were reversed on this between shooter and victim, the first response we would hear is that racism is the reason not mental illness and the act would be labeled a "hate crime," along with increasing rather than mitigating the sentence. And it would be covered nonstop by the mainstream media as opposed to being swept under the rug as not being newsworthy. Stirring up anger and riots is only appropriate for white on black crime. If you mention black on white crime, then that's racism.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

That's so sad. :(

- Doc
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:41 pm

If the races were reversed on this between shooter and victim, the first response we would hear is that racism is the reason not mental illness and the act would be labeled a "hate crime," along with increasing rather than mitigating the sentence. And it would be covered nonstop by the mainstream media as opposed to being swept under the rug as not being newsworthy. Stirring up anger and riots is only appropriate for white on black crime. If you mention black on white crime, then that's racism.
So what? What difference does it make so long as justice is served on behalf of the deceased child victim? Right here:
If the races were reversed on this between shooter and victim, the first response we would hear is that racism is the reason not mental illness and the act would be labeled a "hate crime," along with increasing rather than mitigating the sentence
You are pulling assumptions out of your butt. You act as though the media assigns the sentence instead of due process via investigation, judge and jury.

You are spewing prejudicial crap here, ajax, that has no basis in reality. I'd venture a guess that you have never (and I mean never) followed a case from beginning to end, you've never read arrest affidavits, discovery, gone through the forensics of a case, viewed police interviews or trial testimony, or followed a case to sentencing.

Why? Because making comments such as those above requires far less effort. It's easier to spew rhetorical crap than to actually think about an issue.

My best guess is that you won't engage this post of mine because as Cam says, you don't read. I'd add to that, that you probably don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about what you post either.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:01 pm
That's so sad. :(

- Doc
Yes it is. The alleged shooter apparently had dinner with the boy's Dad the night before. This case is fortunate (or unfortunate depending on your perspective) to have more than one eye witness, one of which is an adult. Child witnesses are now victims of trauma.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Welp. I just checked out a few stories, and... I dunno. There are so many layers and so much wrong with this murder for it to even have happened, I dunno. From some rando website:

“Shootings of children and teens also rose slightly, with the site tallying 3,771 victims under the age of 18 killed or injured. In 2018, that number was 3,539, and in 2017 it was 3,991.“

I understand why Ajax posted this, but there’ll be 3700 more American kids who are blown away this year by gun wielding American maniacs. Second Amendment types are ensuring the Tree of Liberty gets watered regularly.

- Doc
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:41 pm
Temp. Admin. wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 pm
According to the article, Sessoms is facing a first-degree murder charge for this. It's weird that you think he is being treated leniently because of his race. Do you feel justice is being denied because you and your buddies can't lynch him?
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

According to the article, Sessoms is facing a first-degree murder charge for this.
Why isn't it newsworthy to CNN?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

No, Ajax is just mad that it’s not getting the widespread coverage had the races been reversed. If I had to guess I’d say he would like to see the media cover more black on white crime and treat it with the same racial overtones like when it comes to white on black crime. I also suspect he’d like to see whites to low-key start smoking some fools, but he’s free to fill in the details if he has the balls.

- Doc