Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Nah, it's okay. I'm just going to get all my hair cut off.

I mean it this time. Better to purge my hair than give life to the dark s-hit.
Just booked my appointment. You know how they say when a woman breaks up a relationship she changes her hair style? Yeah, well I'm breaking up with all this bulls-hit.

I've been sitting here cutting my own damn hair for how many months now while Trump f-ucks around with the American public and I'm "safer at home" or in the "vast great outdoors"?

Yeah. F-uck this s-hit. This is how a Jersey Girl does a purge!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:41 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Nah, it's okay. I'm just going to get all my hair cut off.

I mean it this time. Better to purge my hair than give life to the dark s-hit.
Just booked my appointment. You know how they say when a woman breaks up a relationship she changes her hair style? Yeah, well I'm breaking up with all this bulls-hit.

I've been sitting here cutting my own damn hair for how many months now while Trump f-ucks around with the American public and I'm "safer at home" or in the "vast great outdoors"?

Yeah. F-uck this s-hit. This is how a Jersey Girl does a purge!
You're going Sinéad O'Connor on us?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:33 am

You're going Sinéad O'Connor on us?
Do I LOOK bipolar to you? Nah. Pixie with fringe. I've got a pic on my phone that I just tried to find again online but cannot. But who knows. My appointment isn't until the 25th so by then I might go full on Sinead!

Seriously, and I know this is girl stuff. I've been cutting my own hair since I dunno, April? I've cut it three times. It's down to my shoulders. I flat iron it straight. I buy additional product to do that. It's a freaking ritual to flat iron long thick hair. But...so far as I am concerned, I've been doing my due diligence being "safer at home" like a good girl. And now I'm done. If it ends up looking like s-hit who cares? Grows fast anyway.

F-uck this s-hit. Off with it! I have hats! :lol:
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Unfortunately, the Republican Senate will back Trump on the disabling the Post Office to help him retain his dictatorial reign. I am assuming that some of the military will support him in this coup.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:52 pm
(At the risk of being falsely accused of being a Trump supporter,) I read the article, but I didn't see the part wherein he openly admitted to sabotaging the post office "to boost his re-election chances." Will someone please show me where he openly admitted that?
Your problem is one of literalism. You tend to take what you read/hear at its most elementary face value rather than the underlying point being made. If you knew Trump, you'd recognize it absolutely was an admission of sabotage for his reelection chances. You missed it because you were sitting there waiting for those exact words to happen.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

From Politico:

The day before publicly opposing funding to accommodate an expected surge in Americans voting by mail in this year’s presidential election, President Donald Trump requested a mail-in ballot to vote in Florida’s upcoming primary.
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

Subs and Ajax are strangely quiet about this. Has Breitbart not made up a defense for this yet?
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

According to Larry Kudlow, democracy is on the leftist wish list.

I mean, they should just come out and admit they want to convert the US to a theocracy.

Christ, this admin's supporters are morons. It cannot be overstated.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Molok wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:36 pm
Subs and Ajax are strangely quiet about this. Has Breitbart not made up a defense for this yet?
That is the most likely explanation. Thinking for themselves is anathema.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:52 pm
(At the risk of being falsely accused of being a Trump supporter,) I read the article, but I didn't see the part wherein he openly admitted to sabotaging the post office "to boost his re-election chances." Will someone please show me where he openly admitted that?
Is that your only sticking point? Why do you think he's trying to do this? He thinks he can fear-suppress the vote of millions of Americans and that what he's left with are his loyal supporters who would follow him over a cliff if he wanted them to. He doesn't give a s-hit if voters contract Covid-19 and spread it to their families and communities. If he gave a s-hit about the pandemic, he'd have a nationwide strategy in place for testing and tracing now 7 months down the road from onset. It's no skin off his nose if voters actually DIE on account of the election.

He's desperate to keep his corrupt ass out of jail. That's why he's doing this. He's willing to openly cause the destruction of an American institution/agency and let American's drop like flies in order to save his own ass.

We here in Colorado have our ballots mailed to every registered voter. You can also vote in person but I've never done it. We have a mail-in system here that works perfectly well.

Is he going to also try to f-uck with our state's system? Think about that. If he tries to disable the USPS and the mail-in systems in the States, what's next? The absentee ballots of the U.S. military?

There's no end to this little ball of yarn. He's desperate and I think he'll stop at literally nothing to keep his ass out of jail. Because he's a sleazy whore and a coward.
Chinese Proverb