Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

Post by _Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 pm
My god I have so many horrible things to say about this guy but I'm trying to stifle it.
I don't think you should stifle it. Let it out. It's purging.

That's why I do it, anyway. The country is in obvious crisis (crises), ripped apart by a blatantly corrupt White House, and it's hard to watch without losing your sh-it.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

Post by _Gunnar »

Another scary thought is that if Ruth Bader Ginsburg happens to die before Biden is successfully sworn in as President in January, Trump will have one more opportunity to nominate and install yet another one of his toadies to the Supreme Court. If this happens, the election, if won by Biden, will probably be contested by Trump clear up to the Supreme Court, regardless of Biden's margin of victory. With 3 of Trump's toadies installed, in addition to the other diehard conservatives already there, I see little chance that Biden's election will not be overturned by the Supreme Court, because the Supreme court will have become just another partisan tool of the current, deeply corrupt Republican Party.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:22 pm
Another scary thought...
You were right about that. You scared me, anyway.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

In my neighborhood, our Postman is out delivering at 7pm. He's been our postman for a decade, and he's exhausted and stressed. You think of Trump's attacks on the Postal Service as being abstract, but it effects not only all of us, but most directly it effects the men and women of the Postal Service.

81 days till the election...
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

(At the risk of being falsely accused of being a Trump supporter,) I read the article, but I didn't see the part wherein he openly admitted to sabotaging the post office "to boost his re-election chances." Will someone please show me where he openly admitted that?
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 pm
In my neighborhood, our Postman is out delivering at 7pm. He's been our postman for a decade, and he's exhausted and stressed. You think of Trump's attacks on the Postal Service as being abstract, but it effects not only all of us, but most directly it effects the men and women of the Postal Service.

81 days till the election...
You're right. Trump's machinations concerning the Post Office hurts postal employees as much as anyone, if not more. I doubt Trump has very many supporters amongst that group. I hope Louis DeJoy doesn't start a vindictive purge of postal employees suspected of being disloyal to Trump!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:52 pm
(At the risk of being falsely accused of being a Trump supporter,) I read the article, but I didn't see the part wherein he openly admitted to sabotaging the post office "to boost his re-election chances." Will someone please show me where he openly admitted that?
You know he admits to being hellbent on destroying or minimizing the Postal Service, and that he is obsessed with the idea that mail-in voting will lead, based on little to no credible evidence, to a fraudulent election, by which he obviously means one that won't result in his reelection. Even if he didn't explicitly use the exact words "to boost his re-election chances", do you really have any doubt that it was at the very least, strongly implicit?

― Harlan Ellison
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Yes, but "strongly implicit" is not the same thing as "openly admitted." The latter is a misleading inaccuracy.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

QUICK QUESTION:
If you won the mega-millions lottery, would you mail in your ticket to the lottery office or walk it in yourself?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:13 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 pm
My god I have so many horrible things to say about this guy but I'm trying to stifle it.
I don't think you should stifle it. Let it out. It's purging.

That's why I do it, anyway. The country is in obvious crisis (crises), ripped apart by a blatantly corrupt White House, and it's hard to watch without losing your sh-it.
Nah, it's okay. I'm just going to get all my hair cut off.

I mean it this time. Better to purge my hair than give life to the dark s-hit.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb