Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

Post by _moksha »

Why have the Republicans foisted this enemy of democracy upon us? Bad enough we are subject to Trump's constant dishonesty, but now he is trying to rig the election in his favor by hobbling the Post Office. This is a nightmare our country should not have to suffer.

This will especially hurt Utah, which has moved to primarily to mail-in balloting. Pathologically lying Trump is screwing up the election process for the Beehive State. While the Republican politicians are still kissing Trump's rear, Trump is doing harm to America's democracy and Constitution.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Trump openly admits to sabotaging Post Office to boost his re-election chances

Post by _moksha »

Molok wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:36 pm
Subs and Ajax are strangely quiet about this. Has Breitbart not made up a defense for this yet?
I think their programming is being readjusted to attack along the lines that rigging an election is not a crime and that it is normal for America to want to maintain an unelected dictator.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Molok wrote:
Subs and Ajax are strangely quiet about this. Has Breitbart not made up a defense for this yet?
I'll bite.
defense for what?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:13 am
Molok wrote:
I think their programming is being readjusted to attack along the lines that rigging an election is not a crime and that it is normal for America to want to maintain an unelected dictator.
Speaking of programming, in a few weeks you will be able to move on from not accepting the 2016 election results to not accepting the 2020 election results.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

As I see it, one of the ironies of the situation is that the more obvious the necessity of a strong and adequately funded USPS for insuring uninterrupted mail service, the more Trump is likely to double down on sabotaging the USPS by denying adequate funding, because of his perception that the greater and more widespread voter participation (whether by mail or not), the smaller his chance of reelection.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:25 pm
WTH isn't this an impeachable offense?
It probably is an impeachable offense and the Republicans who condone such actions in the US Senate should be voted out, provided the people are allowed a means to vote.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:52 am
Speaking of programming, in a few weeks you will be able to move on from not accepting the 2016 election results to not accepting the 2020 election results.
First I want to vote. Utah has moved to a primarily mail-in voting system. I am worried the Republicans might try to yank that and instead remand voting to LDS Chapels where all in favor of Trump will raise their arms to the square.

People who are deprived of a means of voting will of course complain. How could they not if they cherish democracy?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Yeah. He's not wrong.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

If Donald J. Trump sabotages the post office, won't that prevent votes FOR him from being mailed in, too? In other words, can't someone with a mail-in ballot just as easily vote for Trump as for Biden?

I respectfully request that someone tell me his motive here.