Corrupt deep state FBI lawyer Clinesmith will plead guilty

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Corrupt deep state FBI lawyer Clinesmith will plead guilty

Post by _ajax18 »

Tic Tock Jim Comey!

President Trump said Friday the news that former FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith will plead guilty to making a false statement is "just the beginning" of the fallout from U.S. Attorney John Durham's review of the Russia investigation.

"That's just the beginning, I would imagine. This... what happened should never happen again," Trump said at a White House briefing Friday afternoon. "You'll be hearing more."

He also called Clinesmith a "corrupt FBI attorney," part of former FBI Director James Comey's "very corrupt FBI."

Clinesmith was referred for potential prosecution by the Justice Department's inspector general's office over an altered email about former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page claiming he was "not a source" for another government agency. Page has said he was a source for the CIA.

The DOJ relied on that assertion as it submitted a third and final renewal application in 2017 to eavesdrop on Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

DURHAM PROBE: EX-FBI LAWYER TO PLEAD GUILTY IN FIRST CRIMINAL CASE ARISING FROM REVIEW, SOURCES SAY

Two sources close to the investigation told Fox News on Friday that Clinesmith will plead guilty.

"Kevin deeply regrets having altered the email. It was never his intent to mislead the court or his colleagues as he believed the information he relayed was accurate," Shur said in a statement. "But Kevin understands what he did was wrong and accepts responsibility."

The Department of Justice charging document states the Clinesmith “did willfully and knowingly make and use a false writing and document, knowing the same to contain a materially false, fictitious, and fraudulent statement and entry in a matter before the jurisdiction of the executive branch and judicial branch of the Government of the United States.”

The charges say that Clinesmith altered another officials email to say that Page, was not a CIA "source," which had not be specified in the original email. Page was infact a CIA informant, which was ommitted in the 2017 FISA warrant.

Durham was appointed by Atttorney General Bill Barr in 2019 to investigate the FBI's origins of the Russia Probe.

“I said the American people need to know what actually happened, we need to get the story of what happened in 2016 and ’17 out. That will be done," Barr said in an interview with Fox News' "Hannity."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... -beginning
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Corrupt deep state FBI lawyer Clinesmith will plead guilty

Post by _ajax18 »

crickets :)
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Because its a "settled" issue in their minds. Not sure if you have noticed, but the only issue that has legs with many posters here is the election result of November 2016.
And, ironically, they are the same ones saying that Trump may not accept the 2020 election results.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Why is this news?

Just a big fat nothing burger, and attempt at distraction.

This is proof of a Deep State conspiracy? One email alteration of zero significance?
Yet the five-page charging document is limited in scope and does not allege criminal wrongdoing by anyone other than Clinesmith, nor does it offer evidence to support Trump’s assertions that the Russia probe was tainted by widespread political bias in the FBI.
https://apnews.com/597c27d6642dcedae79838fa6cf5497a
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ajax. Can you explain how what Clinesmith altered allowed the Russian probe to move forward?

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:07 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Because its a "settled" issue in their minds. Not sure if you have noticed, but the only issue that has legs with many posters here is the election result of November 2016.
And, ironically, they are the same ones saying that Trump may not accept the 2020 election results.

Earth to idiot. Trump is the one who said he may not accept the results.

https://www.New Jersey.com/opinion/2020/07/if-h ... moran.html
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
I doubt people here want to learn what it's like for you while you're fu-cking sheep all night.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Bret Ripley
_Emeritus

Post by _Bret Ripley »

Clinesmith resigned over this incident last year, at which time it was reported the case would be referred to the DOJ. If there is anything surprising about this latest development, I guess I'm not seeing it.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:37 pm
Ajax. Can you explain how what Clinesmith altered allowed the Russian probe to move forward?

- Doc
They relied on the information in the altered email to continue eavesdropping on Carter Page.

I remember when how angry liberals were when Trump first said Obama had wiretapped his campaign. Obama's weaponizing of the FBI to go after political opponents has set some dangerous precedents for Democrats if they don't win every election. Now we have the attorney general of New York trying to dissolve the NRA. Let's see how the liberals like it when we try to dissolve planned parenthood!
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:51 pm
They relied on the information in the altered email to continue eavesdropping on Carter Page.

I remember when how angry liberals were when Trump first said Obama had wiretapped his campaign. Obama's weaponizing of the FBI to go after political opponents has set some dangerous precedents for Democrats if they don't win every election. Now we have the attorney general of New York trying to dissolve the NRA. Let's see how the liberals like it when we try to dissolve planned parenthood!
You must be wearing your tinfoil hat in the sun. Your sweat is leeching metal particles into your skull.

Seriously, do you think anyone buys all your lies? Or do you lie here because you can't get enough of it with your family and church alone?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.