"Greatest Presidential Felony" in History

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

"Greatest Presidential Felony" in History

Post by _Icarus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INvvsEJqSDY

'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus in new Woodward book

This is huge folks. Maybe not quite as huge as the recent bombshell revealing Trump's contempt for military folks, but this is right up there will all time whammies. He's on audio tape admitting that he intentionally played down the threat of the virus that has killed over 200,000 Americans thus far.

Unfit.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: "Greatest Presidential Felony" in History

Post by _subgenius »

"Greatest Felony!!! aaarrrrghhh" - but lets wait until we get a book on the retail shelves before we say anything.
Yep,
"huge" certainly describes what you're peddling.
rube.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Big nothing burger huh? Carl Berstein, Watergate journalist said the opposite, and we have Trump on audio admitting it. He put his own interest before the country, killing thousands of citizens as a result.

But you're like, nothing to see here. What bout doze emails?
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Icarus wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 pm
Big nothing burger huh? Carl Berstein, Watergate journalist said the opposite, and we have Trump on audio admitting it. He put his own interest before the country, killing thousands of citizens as a result.

But you're like, nothing to see here. What bout doze emails?
Bernstein/Woodward also sold some other books that were supposed to do Trump in, Bush in, and Obama in - and all promise to deliver you back unto the bosom of your long lost love. But alas, the book signing and sales only served one true purpose....sales.
Let me guess...impeachment?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 pm
Bernstein/Woodward also sold some other books that were supposed to do Trump in, Bush in, and Obama in - and all promise to deliver you back unto the bosom of your long lost love. But alas, the book signing and sales only served one true purpose....sales.
These aren't books, these are audio tapes. I know you're so conditioned to do the attack the messenger thing in service of your new King, but the fact is he's on audio, and he's already admitted its real.

The fact that it doesn't bother you even in the slightest that we now have definitive proof that Trump intentionally misled America for his own personal gain, is telling.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

But releasing the tape immediately wasn't necessary...ok, got it.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

According to Charlie Gasparino of Fox Business, a subsidiary of the construction company Hill International was handpicked to oversee the building of at least 100,000 affordable homes in decimated areas of Iraq.

When asked why his company was chosen over all the others, company president David Richter didn't beat around the bush. "It really helps to have the brother of the vice president as a partner," he said.

James Biden was hired on as the executive vice president despite little if any documented work history in residential construction -- or anything else for that matter.

The company was awarded the lucrative government contract only six months later. Already worth over $7 million, Biden stands to make millions off the deal with the Iraqi government.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

subgenius wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 am
But releasing the tape immediately wasn't necessary...ok, got it.
So you're upset that Trump was proven to be a lying piece of crap this week instead of back in March when he was interviewed?

We see where your priorities are. You're more worried about Trump being outed for lying and killing Americans, than you are about Trump lying and killing Americans.

And now you're regurgitating Freerepublic fake news site, old stuff from 2012 in an attempt to take focus off of Trump's crimes. Pathetic.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Icarus wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 pm
subgenius wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 pm
These aren't books, these are audio tapes. I know you're so conditioned to do the attack the messenger thing in service of your new King, but the fact is he's on audio, and he's already admitted its real.

The fact that it doesn't bother you even in the slightest that we now have definitive proof that Trump intentionally misled America for his own personal gain, is telling.
I don't believe Bernstein wrote any books on Bush, Obama or Trump. He wrote a biography of the Pope and a biography of Hillary Clinton. The two are very different men with very different talents, which is why they were such a successful team in reporting on Watergate. Woodward is much more of an investigative reporter, and went on to write books on the CIA, the Supreme Court, and Bush, Obama, and Trump.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://theweek.com/speedreads/936790/f ... s-sabotage

This is amazing. Tucker Carlson is now throwing Senator Lindsey Graham under the bus.

"But Carlson said a source told him Graham persuaded Trump to sit down with Woodward and facilitated the interviews, and he suggested Graham did it on purpose to sink Trump's MAGA agenda."

:rolleyes:

So. Trump is too stupid to not lie about his incompetency to Bob Woodward and it's Lindsey Graham's fault. Got it.

- Doc