President and FLOTUS Test Positive for Covid-19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

President and FLOTUS Test Positive for Covid-19

Post by _MeDotOrg »

From Trump's Tweet:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!
Will he truly quarantine? How does his health, age, weight, and lifestyle affect how he will fight the virus? What if he is still fighting the virus in late October?

The Official Slogan of 2020 should be: So now that happened.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: President and FLOTUS Test Positive for Covid-19

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Now we've got 3 threads this is on.

This could be horrible on so many levels I can hardly believe it. Hopefully by tomorrow all the kids and the Biden's will have been tested.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:27 am
From Trump's Tweet:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!
Will he truly quarantine? How does his health, age, weight, and lifestyle affect how he will fight the virus? What if he is still fighting the virus in late October?

The Official Slogan of 2020 should be: So now that happened.
Yeah, you beat me to it. You were first, and I'll post any further comments about that on your thread. No need to have two threads on the same subject! :smile:

I hope that both Chris Wallace and Joe Biden escaped being infected by Trump during the debate, and Jill Biden too!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar it's not just Chris Wallace and the Biden's. It's their children, their grandchildren, and crews and transport folks for the debate, his recent rally. Mike Pence??? Stephen Miller and I believe Jared Kushner boarded Marine 1 with Hope Hicks. All the household domestic staff, secret service, military, admin staff.

None of his kids were wearing masks at the debates.

Dear Lord this is so BAD.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:55 am
Potentially so, yes. I wonder what would be worse and would cause the most chaos: Trump dying of covid-19 before the election, or Trump remaining asymptomatic, or only mildly symptomatic, and using that as an argument to further downplay the seriousness of the pandemic and the necessity of doing anything about it.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

And what, if any, effect will this have on the pending nomination for Ruth Bader Ginsburg's replacement on the Supreme Court.

― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:06 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:55 am
Potentially so, yes. I wonder what would be worse and would cause the most chaos: Trump dying of covid-19 before the election, or Trump remaining asymptomatic, or only mildly symptomatic, and using that as an argument to further downplay the seriousness of the pandemic and the necessity of doing anything about it.
I don't know. I only know this has the potential to throw the country into crisis. I hope, just hope, he is sitting there thinking about all the people he exposed to the virus including his children and grandchildren because of his arrogance about the masks and how he mocked others--reporters, Biden, etc. NONE of his own staff were wearing masks.

See how FAST everything changed? It is simply stunning.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:17 am
I don't know. I only know this has the potential to throw the country into crisis. I hope, just hope, he is sitting there thinking about all the people he exposed to the virus including his children and grandchildren because of his arrogance about the masks and how he mocked others--reporters, Biden, etc. NONE of his own staff were wearing masks.

See how FAST everything changed? It is simply stunning.
Judging by his past behavior, I doubt he will accept any blame or responsibility for whatever happens, no matter what.

― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

One possible scenario, if Biden is elected, is Kamala Harris winding up being President, because of Biden also falling victim to the disease.

Biden seems a lot healthier and more fit than Trump, though. Even if he gets it, I think he has a better chance of recovering than Trump.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

― Harlan Ellison
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Sorry Jersey Girl. I wrote the OP about Hope Hicks testing positive, but I figured the President and FLOTUS testing positive deserved its own headline. When I can back to the first post, you had posted what I had posted separately. So again, apologies.

The other shoe that will drop is the list of people who will need to quarantine. Hope Hicks is at the center of the Trump Universe. What will this do to the functioning of the Executive Branch, let alone the campaign?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land