My New Tough Country Survival Video

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

My New Tough Country Survival Video

Post by _Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsa1WRNATHA&t=126s

I take you to the forest in this one and share some nifty ideas on survival in an emergency, especially if you are out hiking, fishing, camping, or hunting, and end up in a difficulty getting back to safety. Enjoy, leave and comment, and a like, and thank you for supporting my channel.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: My New Tough Country Survival Video

Post by _huckelberry »

Philo, I enjoyed the demonstration of drill fire building. I wondered if you were a bit slow to blow on the coal. Have you found it to be to easy to actually blow out if done too soon?
If you are making a program about building the drill tools I would hope to watch it. Have you wondered how folks in the past without steel tools would make the drill board. I suspect they must have been skilled stone point makers.

I am trying not to be so obnoxious in discussing but I am failing. I could not see any pines in your forest at all. Not to big a problem though, the firs you found often have more sap deposits anyway.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: My New Tough Country Survival Video

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Heh, you are right about the pines being firs......and yes, I will do a detailed step by step on the bow drill method and technique this coming up weekend.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."