The criminalization of political opinion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The criminalization of political opinion

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 pm
By saying, "The gulag is real" I can only hope you mean the gulag of ignorance?
I've already seen school teachers who don't believe that every child is privileged just based on the pigmentation of his/her skin, forced to spend way to much money on "reeducation classes," to keep their license.
I'd like to see some examples of that. Teachers spending money on reeducation classes in order to retain their license. What teachers? Public schools? Usually the districts pay for such things as they do other types of professional development including paying for whole degrees in return for contractual commitments, so please link me to one or more examples of that happening.

Where have you seen such things happening? In what state? How many teachers have you seen this happen to? Do you know any teachers?

Because a teacher is writing this post and I'm afraid that unless you can come up with some evidence for that claim, I'm going to have to call bullsh-it on this.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

Didn't President Trump recently call for the indictments of former President Obama and Joe Biden???
Trump Lashes Out at His Cabinet With Calls to Indict Political Rivals:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/us/p ... s.amp.html
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:51 pm
Remove ACB fr society. @KeithOlberman in YouTube rant: “Trump can be and must be expunged....His enablers...the Mike Lee’s, the William Barr’s and the Sean Hannity’s and the Mike Pence’s...and the Amy Coney Barrett’s must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society”
How many here would agree that Trump supporters and voters need to be prosecuted and put in prison? I can already think of several who would if they could.

As the justice department becomes a political weapon, a civil war of some kind looks inevitable. A peaceful mediated secession/divorce between the two sides would be the best case scenario.
Rounding up Trump supports is absurd. Olberman's rant is disgusting. It reminds me of Trumps talk of arresting people. Truly disgusting. like a dog excrement sandwhich.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I suspect Biden will not follow Trump's lead in using the justice department as a political weapon, but he will let that department follow the evidence.
That's odd because Biden was in the administration that first started using the justice department as a means to punish political opponents, like General Flynn. During Obama's regime the IRS was also weaponized against members of the Tea Party.

How do you create a geographical area for a country and decide who gets to live in this one party state?
Just limit the authority of the federal and state governments. Keep tax revenues and payouts within small counties. If you want eternal shutdowns, which by the way the WHO now believes were not a good idea, then pay for it yourself. Don't expect the people of working states to pay your bills for you. Just tax the rich in your own county.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:10 am
That's odd because Biden was in the administration that first started using the justice department as a means to punish political opponents, like General Flynn.
I was unaware Biden was in Trump's administration.
Just limit the authority of the federal and state governments. Keep tax revenues and payouts within small counties.
LOL The mind of the ignorant who don't even begin to understand how this would never work.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Brackite wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:27 am
Didn't President Trump recently call for the indictments of former President Obama and Joe Biden???
When you are breaking a lot of laws you tend to get worried when you are not the president anymore you might end up in jail.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:12 pm
"It never mattered much to you that Trump promised to lock up his political rival if elected? Why not?"

Nice. And the point is missed, of course.
As is very often the case with Ajax.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:20 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 pm

I've already seen school teachers who don't believe that every child is privileged just based on the pigmentation of his/her skin, forced to spend way to much money on "reeducation classes," to keep their license.
I'd like to see some examples of that. Teachers spending money on reeducation classes in order to retain their license. What teachers? Public schools? Usually the districts pay for such things as they do other types of professional development including paying for whole degrees in return for contractual commitments, so please link me to one or more examples of that happening.

Where have you seen such things happening? In what state? How many teachers have you seen this happen to? Do you know any teachers?

Because a teacher is writing this post and I'm afraid that unless you can come up with some evidence for that claim, I'm going to have to call ____ on this.
For the record.

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:51 pm
Remove ACB fr society. @KeithOlberman in YouTube rant: “Trump can be and must be expunged....His enablers...the Mike Lee’s, the William Barr’s and the Sean Hannity’s and the Mike Pence’s...and the Amy Coney Barrett’s must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society”
How many here would agree that Trump supporters and voters need to be prosecuted and put in prison? I can already think of several who would if they could.

As the justice department becomes a political weapon, a civil war of some kind looks inevitable. A peaceful mediated secession/divorce between the two sides would be the best case scenario.
So much for the sanctity of marriage. This entire OP is obtuse and narrow in thought. The idea that anyone could be imprisoned for their political beliefs is ridiculous and to think that our nation is anywhere near such action is nothing more than idiot-based-fear-mongering. I challenge anyone to put their ignorance on full display by offering up a sincere argument for how such actions could ever be successfully implemented by the DoJ.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Themis wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 am
Brackite wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:27 am
When you are breaking a lot of laws you tend to get worried when you are not the president anymore you might end up in jail.
If Biden is elected Trump has the exact same chance of being locked up as Hillary Clinton has had for the past 4 years. Me thinks you don't pay attention.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent