Whither Melania?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Whither Melania?

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Melania will not be joining the President campaigning in Pennsylvania because of lingering Covid-19 effects.* I really wonder how Melania feels about another 4 years in the White House. It would be tough enough being Trump's wife. But being his wife AND being first lady for another 4 years...I just don't see how she would want that for herself or her son.

* For those who are fans of Bojack Horseman, Melania is sort of like Diane when Mr. Peanut Butter runs for Governor of California
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Whither Melania?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Melania will not be joining the President campaigning in Pennsylvania because of lingering Covid-19 effects.* I really wonder how Melania feels about another 4 years in the White House. It would be tough enough being Trump's wife. But being his wife AND being first lady for another 4 years...I just don't see how she would want that for herself or her son.

* For those who are fans of Bojack Horseman, Melania is sort of like Diane when Mr. Peanut Butter runs for Governor of California
Pretty sure when the election results are finalized and called, and if Trump loses to Biden, Melania is going to say "Oh thank GOD" then grab a bikini and get her and Barron the hell out of there for Florida before the sun goes down.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Trump has floated the idea of fleeing the country if he loses. Wonder if Melania would willingly accompany him to Moscow?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:39 pm
Trump has floated the idea of fleeing the country if he loses. Wonder if Melania would willingly accompany him to Moscow?
She might go to Mexico to hide behind the "wall" that Donnie baby is making Mexico pay for when it gets built......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:39 pm
She might go to Mexico to hide behind the "wall" that Donnie baby is making Mexico pay for when it gets built......
He owns properties in 2 countries that have no extradition agreement with the United States. Oh. And he owns his own air transport. I suppose it would be a matter of how fast he can outrun multiple expected indictments.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Pretty sure when the election results are finalized and called, and if Trump loses to Biden, Melania is going to say "Oh thank GOD" then grab a bikini and get her and Barron the hell out of there for Florida before the sun goes down.
I would not be the slightest bit surprised if that happens when Trump loses. Nor would I be greatly surprised if at least some of his children try to distance themselves from him when he loses, and he no longer holds any significant power. Certainly a large percentage of his current cronies and political allies will disavow or distance themselves from him when he loses. I am also pretty sure that many of his administration and staff support him only because they still perceive it is politically or financially expedient to do so, not because they actually like and respect him.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:20 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:16 pm

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if that happens when Trump loses. Nor would I be greatly surprised if at least some of his children try to distance themselves from him when he loses, and he no longer holds any significant power. Certainly a large percentage of his current cronies and political allies will disavow or distance themselves from him when he loses. I am also pretty sure that many of his administration and staff support him only because they still perceive it is politically or financially expedient to do so, not because they actually like and respect him.
You know I wrote about his children in a previous post. He does hold power over them, unless he's already provided for them in the event of his fleeing the country. Unless that is the case, he holds enormous power over his adult children and I lean heavy towards thinking they will do and say anything for him. They already have.

Years ago when Don Jr. wanted to join the U.S. Army, both DT and Ivanna threatened to disown and disinherit him unless he joined the Trump Organization. He acquiesced to his father's wishes and did just as he was told. From my reading of Mary Trump's book, my strongest impression of Don Jr. is that he would be happier living out on a big spread in Montana or Wyoming, and I even offered that I think he would start his own trophy hunting tour business and/or raise horses. Who knows? Maybe he will break free of his father and do just that.

He treats both of is sons like total crap.

I have to wonder what Trump put in place legally for the Trump Organization as to what happens to the business if/when he leaves office. Does it go back to him? Do the kids own the business now and forever? If the kids own the business outright, what happens in terms of possible upcoming lawsuits?

I have no blessed idea. His life story would make an outstanding film, I can tell you that much.

ETA: I'm just going to make a somewhat crazy prediction. I think Ivanka and Eric would run the Trump Organization as it stands now, and Don Jr. would break off to develop a new Trump enterprise (or one that exclusively holds his name) and do what I said I think he'd do above. I think it's also possible that Ivanka would try to re-develop her own brand again.

Who knows? Trump life and business dealings are SO convoluted! I think they're totally oblivious to how they are viewed by the public or they have to be oblivious right now for their father.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Given that most Democrats want to see Trump's supporters treated the way Nazis were treated in Germany after WWII, I'm sure many will want to distance themselves from him or flee the country as well. But it shouldn't surprise any of you that when Biden is elected, none of the problems with police brutality, movements to abolish the police, abolish ICE, abolish grades in public school (because in CA they've decided grades are racist). None of that is going away because contrary to popular belief, it really isn't because of Trump. Trump is the response to this politically correct BS.
Last edited by ICCrawler - ICjobs on Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:35 am
Given that most Democrats want to see Trump's supporters treated the way Nazis were treated in Germany after WWII,
You have GOT to be joking.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

People just want to live their damn lives again, ajax.
Chinese Proverb