Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chap wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:47 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:27 pm
In this example we have a hypothetical that is easily tossed or rejected. Of course, the officer would not assist in helping the intruder intrude. So that hypothetical is used as a way to reject a dumbass option. Nice move. Well played and said. Good job.
So what should the officer have done as the first person forced their way through the hole in the barricade door through which the mob had smashed a way? He was on is own, faced with a violent irruption into a space containing people that it was his duty to defend. According to you, what should he have done instead?
While using the Moderator Control Panel for some thing else, I inadvertently changed the post’s author from a Cultellus to me. My apologies.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:55 pm
Chap wrote:

So what should the officer have done as the first person forced their way through the hole in the barricade door through which the mob had smashed a way? He was on is own, faced with a violent irruption into a space containing people that it was his duty to defend. According to you, what should he have done instead?
While using the Moderator Control Panel for some thing else, I inadvertently changed the post’s author from a Cultellus to me. My apologies.
I feel the shine! It is true!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Chap wrote:

Thanks! That explains why after replying to what I thought was a post by you, I ended up finding my self (to my astonishment) replying to Cultellus, whom I have on ignore! Hence my deletion.

I am relieved ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Chap wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

Thanks! That explains why after replying to what I thought was a post by you, I ended up findingmy self (to my astonishment) replying to Cultellus, whom I have on ignore! Hence my deletion.

I am relieved ...
Chap, that is darling. I am your foe? You and Schmo are samesies. No wonder the things you assume are so narrow and ridiculous, your strategy is to participate in a self-filtered bubble, particularly where it relates to your identity and ideology. Cute. Have fun in your little bubble. Say hi to Doc and Schmo and your friends. Gosh. Seems so cozy for you in the bubble. Tootles.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

BOZO wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 pm
Chap, that is darling. I am your foe? You and Schmo are samesies. No wonder the things you assume are so narrow and ridiculous, your strategy is to participate in a self-filtered bubble, particularly where it relates to your identity and ideology. Cute. Have fun in your little bubble. Say hi to Doc and Schmo and your friends. Gosh. Seems so cozy for you in the bubble. Tootles.

Knows he's being ignored. Responds anyway to the guy who's ignoring him, with a 90 word rant.
p04chzvm.jpg
p04chzvm.jpg (66.62 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:44 pm
BOZO wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Knows he's being ignored. Responds anyway to the guy who's ignoring him, with a 90 word rant.

p04chzvm.jpg
Alf/Icarus/Alph, what is the allowable number of words in a situation like this?

Should we just carve up the information silos now? Maybe Shades and Res can create another forum for snowflakes that don’t allow any variant POV’s or information.

Res can you make a Spirit Snowflake forum please? Thanks in advance.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 pm
Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:44 pm

p04chzvm.jpg
Alf/Icarus/Alph, what is the allowable number of words in a situation like this?

Should we just carve up the information silos now? Maybe Shades and Res can create another forum for snowflakes that don’t allow any variant POV’s or information.

Although I am a God, I have not the power to create a world.
he/him

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Well, that settles it. No special home for you, Cultellus. : D
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
That's a double lie. You are not a god, but you can create worlds.

Maybe not here though.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:33 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
That's a double lie. You are not a god, but you can create worlds.

Maybe not here though.
I am too a God. It says so right by my fake name.

But I will confess that I can create worlds, just not on this forum. In Arkham, Massachusetts, maybe. But not here.
he/him