Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:30 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:28 am

Why was Rittenhouse targeted by Rosenbaum? Because he used the fire extinguisher to put out the dumpster fire and Rosenbaum went ballistic over it.
Possibly, but do we really know that? If he can be seen pointing his gun at Rosenbaum before any chase ensues, then that would be enough to establish provocation. Especially is it is against the law to point your gun at people.
The dumpster fire, Rittenhouse putting it out with a fire extinguisher, and Rosenbaum going ballistic then following Rittenhouse is on tape and preceded the shooting.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 am
Are there any copies of that drone footage floating around? I’m not having success on Google.

- Doc
Here's the one I viewed. It's time stamped for you.

https://youtu.be/R2zwdAPnZM0?t=602

ETA: I couldn't make out anything the prosecuting attorney was describing. It would have helped (me at least) if they had circled or put a small colored dot the persons in question. I can't see crap in this. Let me know if you can.
I just noticed there's another drone footage AFTER the one I was referring to. It's overhead and has the people in question outlined in boxes and labeled. I must've turned off the computer at that point and missed it when I was watching the closing statements.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

"I didn't intend to kill anyone" is a dubious claim for me.

An AR15 is designed to do one thing, and that is to kill human beings with great efficiency. If he wasn't intending to break the law by using deadly force to protect property, and he wasn't intending to kill anyone he shot at, then why bring an AR15 of all weapons? We saw how one shot obliterated one person's bicep. AR15's do horrendous damage to human flesh and anyone taking a bullet from one of these anywhere in the torso isn't likely to survive.

Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’

At such close range why not just shoot him in the leg?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:48 pm
Ajax, no, I specifically said I didn’t know enough about the testimony at trial to apply the section of the law I quoted. I read that the prosecution introduced drone footage that purportedly showed Rittenhouse pointing the rifle at various protestors. Whether that constitutes provocation will be up to the jury. I haven’t seen the drone footage or read or heard any other testimony about alleged provocation. But if what he was doing was aiming the rifle at protestors as they passed by, I’d call that provocation under the statute if I were sitting on the jury.

I saw the drone footage that I think you're referring to and for the life of me, I couldn't make out what was going on.
I suspect that would work in Rittenhouse’s favor.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Binger wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:46 am
Proof.

Proof? Proof of what? Do you think you could at least try to participate in a discussion because no one here can read minds. Well maybe me. Just a little.

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Richie McGinniss, a critical witness in the murder trial of Kyle Rittenhouse and employee of conservative website the Daily Caller, claimed that Rosenbaum "lunged" for his gun as he was shot. Close up video footage shows that to be suspect.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Binger wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:46 am
Proof.

OK, I laughed.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:49 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm

I saw the drone footage that I think you're referring to and for the life of me, I couldn't make out what was going on.
I suspect that would work in Rittenhouse’s favor.
So far as I can tell, there was another screen in the courtroom that the jury was watching and someone was pointing things out for them. The prosecuting attorney mentioned someone doing the pointing. We can't see anything that isn't already in front of us so...who knows.

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.