Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: Mar-A-Lago Raided

Post by Morley »

Because Reinhart once represented former employees who testified against Epstein, he shouldn't...um...what?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Binger wrote:You have this backwards and upside down and inside out, Gad. You could not possible twist this into as many opposites as you have here.
Unlikely. I wear shirts inside out fairly often, but never backwards and certainly not upside down.

Let's think about your request realistically, Binger.
DOJ must immediately explain the reason for its raid
Are you sure that's what you want? Do you think that Republican leaders will push for it? As it stands, it's a predictable victory for Trump, his base is on fire with the Holy Spirit over it. Why ruin a good thing? What do you think the odds are that Trump isn't guilty of something significant? Oh sure, maybe the significance isn't as great as the entire fentanyl crisis and border crisis combined. But I think you strongly suspect it was a legit warrant. I'm sure republican leaders suspect the same -- they're stupid, but not that stupid.

careful what you wish for...
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:34 pm
Binger wrote:You have this backwards and upside down and inside out, Gad. You could not possible twist this into as many opposites as you have here.
Unlikely. I wear shirts inside out fairly often, but never backwards and certainly not upside down.

DOJ must immediately explain the reason for its raid
Are you sure that's what you want? Do you think that Republican leaders will push for it? As it stands, it's a predictable victory for Trump, his base is on fire with the Holy Spirit over it. Why ruin a good thing? What do you think the odds are that Trump isn't guilty of something significant? Oh sure, maybe the significance isn't as great as the entire fentanyl crisis and border crisis combined. But I think you strongly suspect it was a legit warrant. I'm sure republican leaders suspect the same -- they're stupid, but not that stupid.

I think the credibility of the FBI is absolutely shot. Even the NY Yankees have to rebuild after a long run. Perhaps the FBI needs a hard reset because this clownass nonsense is not helping them at all. At this point, the only people that would consider the FBI as a credible career would be conspiracy-conspiracy believers and conspiracy-conspiracy-conspiracy believer believers. It is just the goddamn lunatic fringe at that place on any given day.

So yes. The answer is yes. Get as transparent as possible as fast as possible because there is no credibility that this goddamn judge who used to be working for the pilot of Epstein's plane would not have done something stupid. I am carefully wishing for that.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:56 pm
So, is it your point that Wray did this? Or that he approved it?

Or, is it your point that Wray is a dumbass because he was recommended by Trump who is a dumbass?
Or, is it your point that you copied and pasted a picture with words, and that you have no point?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:10 am
Gadianton wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:34 pm

I think the credibility of the FBI is absolutely shot. Even the NY Yankees have to rebuild after a long run. Perhaps the FBI needs a hard reset because this clownass nonsense is not helping them at all. At this point, the only people that would consider the FBI as a credible career would be conspiracy-conspiracy believers and conspiracy-conspiracy-conspiracy believer believers. It is just the goddamn lunatic fringe at that place on any given day.

So yes. The answer is yes. Get as transparent as possible as fast as possible because there is no credibility that this goddamn judge who used to be working for the pilot of Epstein's plane would not have done something stupid. I am carefully wishing for that.
He was also appointed by Donald Trump. What’s the problem with representing Epstein's employees, not Epstein?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:13 pm
Because Reinhart once represented former employees who testified against Epstein, he shouldn't...um...what?
And.... um..... what would the DOJ and FBI do today if protestors showed up at Reinhart's house every day for the next couple months or so?

Look, many of my comments won't show up here because I don't have the same privileges as those who are free to post off-topic and insult others. You are only allowed to see what the moderators allow you to see. The optics that you are provided are filtered by the moderators. Particularly in conversations where I am told what I believe and think, you may actually believe what you are told that I believe and think, even if that is neither what I believe, what I think or what I said. A picture can be painted that does not reveal the facts and truth.

In the case of Reinhart, it appears that he issued a warrant for Trump's home. And, it appears that he represented the people that flew johns to an island and paid no price for their part in a crime ring. And, it is rather obvious that the Epstein circle was wider than just Epstein and one woman that is playing bridge in Florida. So yeah, enjoy those optics. And, if that is what the DOJ and FBI wish for, so be it. I accept it.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:10 am

The law and the courts are bound by rules of confidentiality. If Trump wanted transparency, he'd publicize the contents of the warrant, himself. He can legally do so.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Constant defense of Trump's criminality belongs in the Spirit Prison.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Flashback: Hillary Clinton Also Took Home White House Property – Has Faced No Consequences

Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton speaks at the Vital Voices Global Headquarters for Women's Leadership grand opening ribbon-cutting ceremony on May 05, 2022 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Paul Morigi/Getty Images)

Amid reports that former President Donald Trump took various White House items to his home in Mar-A-Lago, former first lady Hillary Clinton also left the White House with permanent artifacts but never faced any consequences.

In 2015, Breitbart News noted that former President Bill Clinton and his wife departed in 2001 with a spree of lavish gifts, but also took home property from the permanent White House collection.

According to Sally Bedell Smith’s book For Love Of Politics, written in 2007:

[The Clintons’] financial-disclosure forms revealed that they walked away with $190,027 worth of furniture, china, flatware, art, and other gifts, nearly half of it acquired in their final year. It also turned out that they took some property that actually belonged to the permanent White House collection. [Emphasis added]

Ethics questions were also raised as Hillary Clinton, who was sworn in as senator on January 3, 2001, was accepting gifts significantly over $50, which is legally prohibited as a senator.

She evaded any consequences by claiming she received the gifts at Christmastime, before she was sworn in. The Associated Press (AP) also noted that “since the presents arrived while she still was first lady, no such limit applied.”

On Tuesday, the Washington Post reported the National Archives and Records Administration in January retrieved various items from Mar-A-Lago that Trump allegedly took home upon departing the White House. Some of those items included cocktail napkins, maps, and a birthday dinner menu, among other items.

In Donald Trump’s statement regarding the FBI raid on his home Monday, he highlighted that Hillary Clinton also brought home various expensive items when she left the White House in 2001:

Hillary Clinton was allowed to delete and acid wash 33,000 E-mails AFTER they were subpoenaed by Congress. Absolutely nothing has happened to hold her accountable. She even took antique furniture, and other items from the White House. [Emphasis Added]

He also highlighted — which Breitbart News has too — that the former Secretary of State mishandled classified information on her private e-mail server but has not faced any consequences whatsoever.

Trump’s Mar-A-Lago home was raided on Monday night, reportedly for taking home “classified information” from the White House.

“These are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” Trump stated.

Politico reported on the raid:

Two sources familiar with the search said it was related to allegations that Trump allies improperly removed boxes of presidential records from the White House after leaving office — including some that may have included classified information. One of those sources said the raid took “hours.”

However, Kash Patel, a former top Trump administration official, said in an interview with Breitbart News’s Kristina Wong in May that the documents were “already declassified by then-President Donald Trump, but the classification markings had not been updated.”

Trump was reportedly at Trump Tower in New York City when the raid occurred.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... -property/
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas