Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Raided

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:59 am
Look, many of my comments won't show up here because I don't have the same privileges as those who are free to post off-topic and insult others. You are only allowed to see what the moderators allow you to see. The optics that you are provided are filtered by the moderators. Particularly in conversations where I am told what I believe and think, you may actually believe what you are told that I believe and think, even if that is neither what I believe, what I think or what I said. A picture can be painted that does not reveal the facts and truth.
Actually, comments that aren’t approved don’t make it to the thread because they’re either trolling, very off-topic, or consist primarily of you popping off on someone for no reason. So, the mods are doing you a favor by making you look more reasonable, not less, after filtering out those posts.

If you really believed your own story, you’d have to believe that all of the mods and Shades were all in on a plan to silence you. That’s some pretty conspiratorial thinking. : D

Besides, you’re free to be yourself and post what you want in the lower forums. Folks can judge the real situation both by what you add there, and then by how often you decide that those posts have to be scrubbed.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:52 am
Binger wrote:
Look, many of my comments won't show up here because I don't have the same privileges as those who are free to post off-topic and insult others. You are only allowed to see what the moderators allow you to see. The optics that you are provided are filtered by the moderators. Particularly in conversations where I am told what I believe and think, you may actually believe what you are told that I believe and think, even if that is neither what I believe, what I think or what I said. A picture can be painted that does not reveal the facts and truth.
Actually, comments that aren’t approved don’t make it to the thread because they’re either trolling, very off-topic, or consist primarily of you popping off on someone for no reason. So, the mods are doing you a favor by making you look more reasonable, not less, after filtering out those posts.

If you really believed your own story, you’d have to believe that all of the mods and Shades were all in on a plan to silence you. That’s some pretty conspiratorial thinking. : D

Besides, you’re free to be yourself and post what you want in the lower forums. Folks can judge the real situation both by what you add there, and then by how often you decide that those posts have to be scrubbed.
What the hell? Can you translate that into normal?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:39 am
Constant defense of Trump's criminality belongs in the Spirit Prison.
Not really. It'd be nice if it was a reasoned defense but regardless, the position alone shouldn't require being relegated to the lower forum.
Last edited by honorentheos on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 am
canpakes wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:52 am

What the hell? Can you translate that into normal?
Done.

viewtopic.php?p=2795415#p2795415

If you require further assistance, I can set up a thread for you.
: )
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:13 pm
Because Reinhart once represented former employees who testified against Epstein, he shouldn't...um...what?
Binger wrote:
And.... um..... what would the DOJ and FBI do today if protestors showed up at Reinhart's house every day for the next couple months or so?
You're changing the subject.
Binger wrote:

In the case of Reinhart, it appears that he issued a warrant for Trump's home. And, it appears that he represented the people that flew johns to an island and paid no price for their part in a crime ring. And, it is rather obvious that the Epstein circle was wider than just Epstein and one woman that is playing bridge in Florida. So yeah, enjoy those optics. And, if that is what the DOJ and FBI wish for, so be it. I accept it.
The optics don't bother me at all. I wouldn't care if he'd represented Beelzebub. In the US, every person is entitled the best legal representation available.

I certainly hope that the openings for federal judges in our justice system are filled with public defenders and private defenders as well as the typical prosecutors and tax attorneys we usually get. I imagine you do, too.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:57 am
Moksha wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:39 am
Constant defense of Trump's criminality belongs in the Spirit Prison.
Not really. It'd be nice if it was a reasoned defense but regardless, the position alone shouldn't require being relegated to the lower forum.
Who is defending Trump?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:48 am
However, Kash Patel, a former top Trump administration official, said in an interview with Breitbart News’s Kristina Wong in May that the documents were “already declassified by then-President Donald Trump, but the classification markings had not been updated.”
That's handy, then. Imma look into getting a copy of these declassified document then, since they are, you know, declassified.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Morley wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:05 am
Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:13 pm
Because Reinhart once represented former employees who testified against Epstein, he shouldn't...um...what?
Binger wrote:
And.... um..... what would the DOJ and FBI do today if protestors showed up at Reinhart's house every day for the next couple months or so?
You're changing the subject.
Binger wrote:

In the case of Reinhart, it appears that he issued a warrant for Trump's home. And, it appears that he represented the people that flew johns to an island and paid no price for their part in a crime ring. And, it is rather obvious that the Epstein circle was wider than just Epstein and one woman that is playing bridge in Florida. So yeah, enjoy those optics. And, if that is what the DOJ and FBI wish for, so be it. I accept it.
The optics don't bother me at all. I wouldn't care if he'd represented Beelzebub. In the US, every person is entitled the best legal representation available.

I certainly hope that the openings for federal judges in our justice system are filled with public defenders and private defenders as well as the typical prosecutors and tax attorneys we usually get. I imagine you do, too.
Yep.

And if the same person ends up being an advocate for the pilot for Epstein and then issues a warrant for a raid where a subpoena would do just fine, we can deal with those optics.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:48 am
…furniture, china, flatware, art, and other gifts, …
Hawkeye/ajax, please use the quote feature to add whole articles sourced from elsewhere.

Like this:
W A S H I N G T O N, Feb. 8, 2001 -- Former President Clinton and his wife, Sen.Hillary Rodham Clinton, have sent $28,000 worth of household goods back to Washington after questions arose over whether the items were intended as personal gifts or donations to the White House.

“We have been informed that it is being shipped back, and the National Park Service is ready to receive it, take possession of itand take custody of it,” Jim McDaniel, the National Park Service’s liaison to the White House, said Wednesday.

“The property is being returned to government custody until such time that the issues can be resolved. It may well turn out that that property is rightly the personal property of the Clintons.”

After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china,flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.

Their latest decision to send back $28,000 in gifts brings to $114,000 the value of items the Clintons have either decided to pay for or return.

McDaniel discussed the matter Wednesday with Betty Monkman, theWhite House curator, and Gary Walters, the chief usher, or executive manager of the White House.

They were reviewing the gifts the Clintons chose to keep after $28,000 worth of items were found on a list of donations the ParkService received for the 1993 White House redecoration project. TheWashington Post this week quoted three people who said that they assumed the furnishings they donated for the project would stay in the White House.

“As a result of questions about the status of certain property donated to the White House during the Clinton administration, the National Park Service will accept the return of the property in question and act as a custodian of such property,” according to a statement released by the Park Service, which administers the White House as a unit of the national park system.

A person familiar with the Clintons’ move out of the White House, who spoke on condition of anonymity, would say only: “They’ve been returned.”

While the Clintons’ decision to return these gifts was a way to get out from under this and other criticism surrounding their departure from the White House, the couple provided scant details about the shipment.

Mrs. Clinton’s office referred all questions about the giftreturn to the former president’s transition office. Transition office workers said the Clintons would make no statement. They referred all questions to the Park Service, which wasn’t exactly sure which gifts were being returned or where they had been kept.

In a statement released Monday, Clinton’s transition office said every item they accepted was identified by the White House gift office as a present to them. They said none of the gifts taken wason a curator’s list of official White House property.

“Gifts did not leave the White House without the approval of the White House usher’s and curator’s offices,” the statement said. “Of course, if the White House now determines that a cataloging error occurred, ... any item in question will be returned.”

Instead of waiting for the issue to be resolved, the Clintons returned the items.

The gifts in question were: A kitchen table and four chairs valued at $3,650 from Lee Ficks of Cincinnati, Ohio; a $1,000 needlepoint rug from David Martinous of Little Rock, Ark.; two sofas, an easy chair and an ottoman worth $19,900 from Steve Mittman of New York; lamps valued at $1,170 from Stuart Shiller of Hialeah, Fla.; and a $2,843 sofa from Brad Noe, a businessman from California.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/sto ... 856&page=1

It is noted that none of the flatware or dishes taken by the Clintons were packed within 15 boxes of documents, some clearly labeled, ‘SECRET’, that were not legally allowed to be taken from the White House.

In any event, the Clintons seem to have been able to return and resolve the matter within a month or so, as opposed to forcing the Park Service to play Repo Man after a year or two.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Binger wrote:
I think the credibility of the FBI is absolutely shot.
The credibility of the FBI was already shot. It's not like they haven't done worse in the past with the FISA warrant, edited emails to incriminate Carter Page. It's not like there hasn't been a two tiered set of rules depending upon which political party you belong to for some time. Conservative political opinion has been criminalized, censored and even prosecuted for a long time now.

Mitch McConnell says the American people deserve answers from the Justice Department? Lol What's Mitch gonna do about it, ask me for money to run campaign ads on TV? Does anyone ever get tired of this crap? There's a constant set of legitimate grievances and nothing ever gets done about it because all they do is talk, and watch their words bounce off brick walls. I'm sick of the news. I don't want to hear about it until enough people are willing to stop talking and start taking action. It's a waste of my time to perpetually be upset over something yet ultimately nobody is ever held accountable for it.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas