Just how stupid is Herschel?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Just how stupid is Herschel?

Post by Vēritās »

Just how stupid is Herschel Walker? Well yesterday he gave a speech about a bull trying to fuq as many cows as it can. This is the guy who is trying to convince Georgia voters that he's not the kind of guy to just screw a bunch of women and abandon the children.

"Dey been sayin somfin is better someway else and I'm here to tell ya its not, so I been tellin dis little stoway, about dis bool out in dis field, with six cows, and three uhem are prenant. .. (smiles, giggles) so you know he got sumthin goin own (crowd laughter)! But awl he care about is kept his nose against de fence lookin at three otha cows dat din' blong da him. Now all he had to do is eat grayas but no no no he taught somthin was better someway else. So he decide I wanna get over dare. So one day he measured that fence up. And he said I think I can jump dis. So that day cane where he got back, and he got blacken as he took off runnin he dove over dat fence and his belly got cut up unda da bottom, but as he made it over on da utha side he shook it off and got so excited bout it den he ran to the top of dat hill but when he got up dare he realized dey were bulls too." https://youtu.be/03aBXAIjWQE?t=245

Herschel Walker’s answer on gun violence...

"Cain keyo Able..ya know and ah dats a problem dat we have, and I said what we need to do is look into how we can stop dose tings, ya know he talked about doin a disinformation, what about gettin a department dat can look at young men dats lookin at women dat lookin at social media what about doin dat lookin into tings like dat and we can stop dat, dat away. But yet dey jus want to continya to talk about takin array ya constitutional rights and I, I tink dare is more tings you need to look into, dis has been happening for years and da way we stop it by puttin money into the menal healf field by puttin money into utha departments rader utha departments as wanna take away your rights."
https://youtu.be/g59kU4bs-Ow?t=21

Herschel's comments on evolution...

"Dat mean dat somebody up dare had to say let dare be light dat de eart started and den he had to put someone dare on earf cuz remember ada was dare. Member Adam cane den Eve cane.... At one tine science said dat mayen cane from apes.... dis whats intrestin doh...if dis is true, why dare still apes?" - https://youtu.be/NQl-T2E4VVM?t=41
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
huckelberry
God

Re: Just how stupid is Herschel?

Post by huckelberry »

The bull story is lame and if it has a political meaning that meaning is pretty vague. Perhaps he thinks he is better at being cute than he is at politics.

I have heard the evolution quote before. He has made no real effort to understand evolution. He seems unaware of his own ignorance.

Veritas, I am uncomfortable with the transcription emphasizing his accent. I didn't think the accent was really strong enough to justify the Uncle Remus style transcription. It changes focus from his poorly thought out statements to his ethnic identity.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:36 pm
Just how stupid is Herschel Walker? Well yesterday he gave a speech about a bull trying to fuq as many cows as it can. This is the guy who is trying to convince Georgia voters that he's not the kind of guy to just screw a bunch of women and abandon the children.

"Dey been sayin somfin is better someway else and I'm here to tell ya its not, so I been tellin dis little stoway, about dis bool out in dis field, with six cows, and three uhem are prenant. .. (smiles, giggles) so you know he got sumthin goin own (crowd laughter)! But awl he care about is kept his nose against de fence lookin at three otha cows dat din' blong da him. Now all he had to do is eat grayas but no no no he taught somthin was better someway else. So he decide I wanna get over dare. So one day he measured that fence up. And he said I think I can jump dis. So that day cane where he got back, and he got blacken as he took off runnin he dove over dat fence and his belly got cut up unda da bottom, but as he made it over on da utha side he shook it off and got so excited bout it den he ran to the top of dat hill but when he got up dare he realized dey were bulls too." https://youtu.be/03aBXAIjWQE?t=245

Herschel Walker’s answer on gun violence...

"Cain keyo Able..ya know and ah dats a problem dat we have, and I said what we need to do is look into how we can stop dose tings, ya know he talked about doin a disinformation, what about gettin a department dat can look at young men dats lookin at women dat lookin at social media what about doin dat lookin into tings like dat and we can stop dat, dat away. But yet dey jus want to continya to talk about takin array ya constitutional rights and I, I tink dare is more tings you need to look into, dis has been happening for years and da way we stop it by puttin money into the menal healf field by puttin money into utha departments rader utha departments as wanna take away your rights."
https://youtu.be/g59kU4bs-Ow?t=21

Herschel's comments on evolution...

"Dat mean dat somebody up dare had to say let dare be light dat de eart started and den he had to put someone dare on earf cuz remember ada was dare. Member Adam cane den Eve cane.... At one tine science said dat mayen cane from apes.... dis whats intrestin doh...if dis is true, why dare still apes?" - https://youtu.be/NQl-T2E4VVM?t=41
This kind of thing stems from an utter lack of understanding how the federal government works, and how Senators fit within that framework. It’s disastrous to send morons to the Senate as your state’s representatives. Beyond that, the disaster is amplified when these morons not just vote for bad policy, but find themselves on committees wherein they’re supposed to provide oversight, introduce legislation, temper the Executive branch, and so forth. This requires a LOT of reading. A lot. So much reading. And then it requires understanding what you’re reading. And then it requires good judgement.

Anyone who votes for HW is voting to destabilize the federal government - to make it ineffectual through sheer incompetence. That’s a very dangerous strategy in any era, but especially so in a technologically advanced world with a lot of moving pieces. We need people who have the synapses to be able to handle that kind of information load, in addition to the routine politicking that takes place.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Walker's an idiot, but this:

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:25 pm
I am uncomfortable with the transcription emphasizing his accent. I didn't think the accent was really strong enough to justify the Uncle Remus style transcription. It changes focus from his poorly thought out statements to his ethnic identity.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Morley wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:51 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:25 pm
I am uncomfortable with the transcription emphasizing his accent. I didn't think the accent was really strong enough to justify the Uncle Remus style transcription. It changes focus from his poorly thought out statements to his ethnic identity.
I think it’d be infantalizing to transcribe his comments into whatever version of English is accepted as normal. That man is running for office, a job that’ll place him in arguably the most powerful of federal jobs in our country. He needs to be a cut above the rest in the sense that his competency has to be of utmost importance, and so mumbling out a story about fuckin’ cows actually deserves to be transcribed accurately.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:03 pm
Morley wrote:
I think it’d be infantalizing to transcribe his comments into whatever version of English is accepted as normal. That man is running for office, a job that’ll place him in arguably the most powerful of federal jobs in our country. He needs to be a cut above the rest in the sense that his competency has to be of utmost importance, and so mumbling out a story about fuckin’ cows actually deserves to be transcribed accurately.

- Doc
I have to disagree. I think his words would have more impact if not transcribed in dialect.

That aside, I think he's a horrible choice. I cannot say that loudly enough. We need two viable candidates, and two decent political parties. January 6th and choices like this have made it so that the current GOP is dead to me. The party has lost its soul and its mind.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Walker's words would sound just as jumbled if rendered into common speech. Leaving them in pidgin English seems disrespectful of Southern vernacular speech.

I suspect the story about the bull and pregnant cows will endear him to the people of Georgia, and win him a seat in the Senate. Perhaps Georgia pastors will retell that story during Sunday services.

It really is a shame that New Jersey didn't send Georgia either Memet Oz or Snookie as an upgrade.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Morley wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:55 pm
I have to disagree. I think his words would have more impact if not transcribed in dialect.
Feel free to provide your own translation.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Morley wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:55 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

That aside, I think he's a horrible choice. I cannot say that loudly enough. We need two viable candidates, and two decent political parties. January 6th and choices like this have made it so that the current GOP is dead to me. The party has lost its soul and its mind.
Agree on both points.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Morley wrote:

- Doc
Exactly. Why print out Herschel's words as he should have said them when his poor grammar and sloppy diction only go to reinforce the point that he's unqualified to be Senator. And you just know Republicans in Congress are going to appoint him to some important committee, making a mockery of our government and likely putting us at risk.

This is a guy who claimed to have graduated as HS valedictorian and in top 1% in his class at Georgia, when in fact he never even finished school. In fact, I doubt he ever could finish school. The only reason he got in in the first place was football. I played football in college and there are some really illiterate folks playing, but listening to Herschel.... he's on a totally different level of stupid.