Anyone following the Tom Brady Divorce?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Anyone following the Tom Brady Divorce?

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:19 pm

I can't wait to see Trump win again and watch all the liberal BS about peaceful transition of power and respecting the results of a democratic election do a full 180 from 2020.
Trump got his ass kicked already and that was before he was exposed as an enemy to democracy who tried to get his idiot followers to take over the government in an armed coup. But typical Trump, he fails at everything he tries. His one win in his life was a gift from Comey, and even then he had 3 million more Americans vote against him.

And now it looks like he's going to be the first indicted President in history.

Yes, please Trump, please run again.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

For the second time, the committee played leaked audio first reported by Mother Jones in which Trump adviser Steve Bannon, during an October 31, 2020, meeting, said that Trump had a “strategy” to prematurely assert he had won on Election Day. Explaining the so-called “red mirage,” in which Trump would show early leads in key states before mail-in ballots favoring Joe Biden were counted, Bannon said: “Trump’s going to take advantage of it. That’s our strategy. He’s gonna declare himself a winner.

“He’s gonna declare victory,” Bannon said. “But that doesn’t mean he’s a winner. He’s just gonna say he’s a winner.”
^ Bannon

Ajax18,

Are you going to admit the ‘stolen election’ angle was a cynical fraud?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Neither Trumpism nor Mormonism teaches men should devote all their time and energy to their vanity projects, especially if it means sacrificing quality time with the children.
Tom Brady is not devoting all his time to vanity projects. How much time do LDS bishops and stake presidents really spend with their kids? Most of us still spend 60 hours per week working Veritas. Add another 20 hours for a part time job at Church and I don't see much time left. What if one these men fell ill and couldn't meet his families demands, just divorce him and fleece him? Who would want a relationship with someone like that? Finding yourself old and alone could be the greatest blessing there is.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I don't know a lot about their relationship, but evidently Tom told Giselle that he would retire after the last season. Perfect way to go out: on top, as a Super Bowl Champ. For perspective, here's a picture of another great 45 Year Old QB, George Blanda:

Athletes have learned a lot about conditioning since Blanda's time, and Brady certainly looks like he could play another year. Brady doesn't need the money. He is handsome and articulate. He could walk into CBS or Fox and get a job where he didn't have to leave Tampa, do a live feed and stay in touch with the game as well as spend more time with his family.

But one of the hardest things for a great athlete is to know when to walk away. Sometimes it can be a sad coda on a career, like Jordan's time with the Washington Wizards, or Willie Mays with the Mets. I understand Giselle: there is no logical reason for him to continue to play. Tom is the GOAT, but now it's time to quit being Peter Pan and give to your family's happiness.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:57 am
Why??? I would have hard time thinking of anything that would be of less interest to me than that!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:20 pm
I don't know a lot about their relationship, but evidently Tom told Giselle that he would retire after the last season. Perfect way to go out: on top, as a Super Bowl Champ. For perspective, here's a picture of another great 45 Year Old QB, George Blanda:

Athletes have learned a lot about conditioning since Blanda's time, and Brady certainly looks like he could play another year. Brady doesn't need the money. He is handsome and articulate. He could walk into CBS or Fox and get a job where he didn't have to leave Tampa, do a live feed and stay in touch with the game as well as spend more time with his family.

But one of the hardest things for a great athlete is to know when to walk away. Sometimes it can be a sad coda on a career, like Jordan's time with the Washington Wizards, or Willie Mays with the Mets. I understand Giselle: there is no logical reason for him to continue to play. Tom is the GOAT, but now it's time to quit being Peter Pan and give to your family's happiness.
I kind of agree with Mike Tyson on the subject of professional athletes retiring. Tyson thought the idea of retiring with a belt didn't make any sense. A champion ends his career on his back in the ring. In other words, as long as you're good enough to be in the ring, you don't step down until someone can knock you off the mountain. I see the same for Serena Williams. She looked fat and slow towards the end, a shell of her former self. But in my opinion as long as she could win in the qualifiers, she had every right to be in the US Open.

In any event, whether Tom retires next year or in five years he needs to let Giselle go. I doubt anything but 100% of his time devoted to her for whatever she wants him to do is going to be good enough to keep her from going into an angry emotionally and mentally abusive fit. There' are better women out there who are far more giving and not so high maintenance. This should be a good lesson to Tom about having romantic relationships with divas. Beauty and even money is of no value once you see what kind of selfishness lies beneath. There are women with Christlike traits that are real gems in this world. If he returns to Giselle that private island of his could become a prison. It sure isn't freedom.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Tom Brady gets clear message from famous model

It’s safe to say that Monday night’s game did not go the way Tampa Bay Buccaneers star quarterback Tom Brady hoped as the Buccaneers fell 31-14 to the Dallas Cowboys in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs in what very well could be Brady’s last game with the team – or even his last game in the NFL if he chooses to retire. But even though Brady didn’t have his best performance, he still had the support of one famous model.

Famous model Veronika Rajek has made headlines recently for her very public support of Tom Brady after she posted photos wearing his jersey while attending a game against the New Orleans Saints earlier this year.

“I saw the LEGEND and if somebody asks me again if I love Brady, yes I love him, and show me somebody who doesn’t. Even his haters love him because they know he is the [GOAT] @tombrady thank you for an amazing show #GOATFOREVER #12,” Rajek said in an Instagram post last month.

Related video: Baldinger's film breakdown of Dak Prescott's performance vs. Bucs in wild-card game (NFL)

Baldinger's film breakdown of Dak Prescott's performance vs. Bucs in wild-card game
And even though Rajek did not appear to be at the game on Monday night, she was still fully supporting Brady on Instagram once again.

“I’m just sorry. But one guy cannot play for everyone on the field,” Rajek wrote in her Instagram story after the game.

Rajek sent one more post supporting Brady.

“TB you did your best like always,” she said. “But one piece of [the] puzzle doesn’t make a picture.”

Brady, of course, recently went through a divorce with another famous model, ending his 13-year marriage with Gisele Bündchen.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/tom-brady-v ... brady.html

I felt sorry for Tom Brady a few months ago. I don't now. This woman is gorgeous and doesn't seem to mind that he plays football.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:19 pm
Tom Brady gets clear message from famous model

It’s safe to say that Monday night’s game did not go the way Tampa Bay Buccaneers star quarterback Tom Brady hoped as the Buccaneers fell 31-14 to the Dallas Cowboys in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs in what very well could be Brady’s last game with the team – or even his last game in the NFL if he chooses to retire. But even though Brady didn’t have his best performance, he still had the support of one famous model.

Famous model Veronika Rajek has made headlines recently for her very public support of Tom Brady after she posted photos wearing his jersey while attending a game against the New Orleans Saints earlier this year.

“I saw the LEGEND and if somebody asks me again if I love Brady, yes I love him, and show me somebody who doesn’t. Even his haters love him because they know he is the [GOAT] @tombrady thank you for an amazing show #GOATFOREVER #12,” Rajek said in an Instagram post last month.

Related video: Baldinger's film breakdown of Dak Prescott's performance vs. Bucs in wild-card game (NFL)

Baldinger's film breakdown of Dak Prescott's performance vs. Bucs in wild-card game
And even though Rajek did not appear to be at the game on Monday night, she was still fully supporting Brady on Instagram once again.

“I’m just sorry. But one guy cannot play for everyone on the field,” Rajek wrote in her Instagram story after the game.

Rajek sent one more post supporting Brady.

“TB you did your best like always,” she said. “But one piece of [the] puzzle doesn’t make a picture.”

Brady, of course, recently went through a divorce with another famous model, ending his 13-year marriage with Gisele Bündchen.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/tom-brady-v ... brady.html

I felt sorry for Tom Brady a few months ago. I don't now. This woman is gorgeous and doesn't seem to mind that he plays football.
Good God you're dumb. A fan shows support for a sports guy. So in your tiny racist mind, this means this married 25 year old is willing to divorce her husband, marry Tom Brady, bear him children, and then be OK with him lying to her about his willingness to help parent the children.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I like Brady; he seems like a decent dude. I do, however, consider him the MOOAT (most overrated of all time). People can call him GOAT, but people can believe in god, too. It's a question with no definitive answer, and ultimately makes no difference. He's had a great career, but to call him the best is to not really understand football, in my opinion.

That game on Monday was unsurprising. Brady is 45 and doesn't like getting hit anymore, and it showed anytime there was a hint of pass rush. He hurried passes and left most of them short.

But regardless of all that, I think the game showed in vivid detail that football is a team sport, and Brady (perhaps the LOAT - luckiest of all time) played on a lot of great teams in the past.

I still contend that Dan Marino was a better QB than Brady.

Anyway, he should have retired last year and paid attention to his family. How's that for Monday morning quarterbacking?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:51 pm
And now it looks like he's going to be the first indicted President in history.

Yes, please Trump, please run again.
He needs a new VP who can easily follow the Trump style. George Santos is tailor-made for that role. Santos was once quarterback for the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at San Luis Obispo. He threw biggly.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace