Red Wave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Re: Red Wave

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

red wave was 3 inches wide and a cm tall.......
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:40 pm
Let’s hope so (if you’re a Democrat). The GOP is at 206 seats now, needing only 12 more to gain control of the House. And it looks like it’s going to be a Senate-race-runoff in GA, which doesn’t have the best track record for voter enfranchisement.

Speaking of GA, it’s too bad Abrams can’t seem to get over the hump. She appears to be incredibly capable and would make for a good Governor who understands the hows and whys government works, the legal system, and would unfuck the voting system there.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

When the non sitting president party, in the face of record inflation and an unpopular president only picks up 9? seats - that is not a wave. Will likely loose the house, might loose the senate. Neither will have the votes to override vetoes. So a do nothing congress.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:01 pm
So a do nothing congress.
Do-nothing equals a big win for Republicans, even if it falls short of their OrgasmLand of dismantling America.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

I'm not sure why I am surprised. But If $5/gallon gasoline, a recession, 8% inflation, the current bear stock market, and war with Russia doesn't change peoples minds, nothing will. Here's to $32 trillion in debt and much more to come, much more.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 pm
¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:40 pm
Let’s hope so (if you’re a Democrat). The GOP is at 206 seats now, needing only 12 more to gain control of the House. And it looks like it’s going to be a Senate-race-runoff in GA, which doesn’t have the best track record for voter enfranchisement.

Speaking of GA, it’s too bad Abrams can’t seem to get over the hump. She appears to be incredibly capable and would make for a good Governor who understands the hows and whys government works, the legal system, and would unfuck the voting system there.

- Doc
Though she didn't manage to defeat Kemp for the governorship, her organizational skills apparently had a lot to do with do with the fact that Georgia's two incumbent U.S. Senators are both Democrats, and that Warnock stands a better than even chance of defeating Walker. But, on the other hand, Walker's obvious stupidity and dishonesty may have had more to do with that than anything she did. Had Warnock's opponent been any Republican other than an idiotic Trump supported sycophant like Walker, Warnock might not have had a chance of winning.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Nevada has a few days for mail-in ballots to trickle in and still be counted, but it's looking like it'll solidly swing red. Based on one of the Republicans poised to win**, I'm guessing Independents and Democrats just didn't have much will/motivation to turn out. Interestingly, putting a minimum wage increase into the state Constitution looks like it will pass. Nevada is always kind of weird in what it'll toss into its Constitution.

**Michele Fiore. Multiple tax liens, has said she wants to shoot refugees, is a proponent of using guns against law enforcement, said crap racist enough to be condemned by the Republican party, had a business shut down by HCQC -- let's put her in charge of the budget, lol. The Democrat she's running against is about as qualified and milquetoast as they come.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:00 pm
I'm not sure why I am surprised. But If $5/gallon gasoline, a recession, 8% inflation, the current bear stock market, and war with Russia doesn't change peoples minds, nothing will. Here's to $32 trillion in debt and much more to come, much more.
Why didn't the fact that Trump added more to the national debt than any other president in history change your mind about Trump?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 pm
Nevada has a few days for mail-in ballots to trickle in and still be counted, but it's looking like it'll solidly swing red. Based on one of the Republicans poised to win**, I'm guessing Independents and Democrats just didn't have much will/motivation to turn out.
That's deeply disappointing!

**Michele Fiore. Multiple tax liens, has said she wants to shoot refugees, is a proponent of using guns against law enforcement, said crap racist enough to be condemned by the Republican party, had a business shut down by HCQC -- let's put her in charge of the budget, lol. The Democrat she's running against is about as qualified and milquetoast as they come.
Makes no sense at all, does it?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

It's a good point, people are prone to fallacious thinking, and even though 5$ gas, a recession, 8% inflation, and a war with russia have nothing at all to do with Democrats, meaning we'd have all these same things if Trump were president this year, people are prone to take out their frustrations on authority. The typical person who doesn't know anything should be desperate to get Republican leaders in who have lied through their teeth about their ability to reverse all of these things, being the shameless, filthy, dirtbag liars that they are; liars much like certain people who regurgitate these absurd campaign guarantees on this board. Republicans should be killing it right now with all their shameless lying, and if they aren't they they must have done something to piss people off even worse.